Official GIGABYTE Forum

A75M-UD2H: No video output when waking from sleep / Bios password glitch

The major components of new setup I installed this weekend are listed in my signature below. I installed Windows 7 having set AHCI in the Bios and all went well - I'm fairly sure that after this initial installation waking the OS was flawless at this point. The problem arose after updating the Bios to the latest version using Gigabytes @BIOS software, as well as updating the OS itself via Microsoft Update - when waking Windows via the mouse there's no video output from either the DVI-D or D-Sub ports, and the keyboard is inactive. Using the reset button on the case allowed Windows to resume the first time this happened - this behaviour hasn't been consistant since then as sometimes the reset button has no effect. I'm then forced to power down via the power button.

Now everytime Windows goes to sleep, there's no video output. Yesterday when again getting into the Bios to explore further potential changes, it asked me for a password, when I hadn't set up the Bios for password security! A Bios password had been self generated. This glitch is tending to make me wonder if the motherboard itself is at fault. I overcame this problem by resetting the CMOS, but the "no video" problem remains.

The only occasion Windows has presented an error page at all on boot up was when I just changed the Bios setting for OnChip SATA Type from AHCI back to Native IDE. Windows immediately presented the following error message:-

"Your computer can't come out of hibernation. Status: 0xc0000411. Info: A fatal error occured processing the restoration data. File: \hiberfil.sys"

Can anyone help me please. Cheers!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:04:03 pm by ricicle5 »
Gigabyte A75M-UD2H ~ AMD A8 3870 Black Edition CPU ~ 2x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 CL9 @ 1.5v ~ No video card ~ Seagate ST2000DL003 Barracuda Green 3.5-inch 2TB HDD ~ Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Re: A75M-UD2H: No video output when waking from sleep / Bios password glitch
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 08:34:18 pm »
It's 3 weeks now since I first posted, and no input from you great guys to date. Anyone? Your help would be much appreciated.
Gigabyte A75M-UD2H ~ AMD A8 3870 Black Edition CPU ~ 2x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 CL9 @ 1.5v ~ No video card ~ Seagate ST2000DL003 Barracuda Green 3.5-inch 2TB HDD ~ Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Vezina

• If it s not broken, fix it until it is !
Re: A75M-UD2H: No video output when waking from sleep / Bios password glitch
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 09:35:40 pm »
I personally never used hibernation ,when i don t use the PC i just turn it off.

I can advice you to disable and then re-enable hibernation via the specific  command.

You can reinstall revert to BIOS/drivers that worked.

As it  seems like a Windows issue ,maybe you should ask for more help from their support team.
Over & Out !

AMD FX (APU-s included) users should install - KB2645594 & KB2646060 under Windows 7

1.ASUS Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 + FX 6300 + H60
2.MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate + A8 5600K + Hyper TX 2
3.Gigabyte F2A75-D3H + A4 5300
4.ASUS AM1M-A + Athlon 5150