Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-M61PME-S2P Questions about memory and warning sound

Victek

GA-M61PME-S2P Questions about memory and warning sound
« on: October 13, 2010, 04:11:37 am »
I have the GA-M61PME-S2P Rev 1.0 motherboard with 2x 2gigs of 1066 mhz ram installed (4 gigs total).  The memory is set to "auto" and running at 800 mhz unganged mode and works OK, but the ram is rated at 1066 mhz and the motherboard supports it in the BIOS (5.33x) - just can't get it to work.  A more important issue is a warning tone comes from the motherboard whenever the cpu load rises a little.  If I run a Youtube video full-screen and the cpu goes to 30% - 40% the motherboard starts beeping - really annoying!  Any help with either of these issues will be much appreciated.  Here are the specs in more detail:

GA-M61PME-S2P Rev 1.0 F5 BIOS
2x 2 gig 1066 mhz ram
AMD Athlon x4 620
Nvidia 9600 GT Video card
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 04:31:52 am by Victek »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-M61PME-S2P Questions about memory and warning sound
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 08:57:57 am »
Hi there,

First thing you might want to try is updating BIOS from your current F5 to the latest F7a. You can get it from here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3009&dl=1#bios

The beeping you are getting when watching a Youtube video or such, sounds as if it is a warning alarm. These warnings can be enabled/disabled in BIOS under the heading PC Health Status. As it is occurring when you are stressing the CPU it could be a CPU temperature warning and this is often the case if the alarm is enabled and the temperature setting is set to low.Check out your User's Manual, (page 45 in the English version) for further info. If you have misplaced your User's Manual you can download it from here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3009&dl=1#manual
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Victek

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 03:14:20 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  Regarding the beeping problem I may have found the cause - I turned off the AMD Cool and Quiet option in the BIOS and so far no more beeps when I play Youtube videos.

Do you think installing the latest BIOS would address the memory issue?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 03:27:04 pm »
Hi there,

I would hope so but I can't be sure as the notes given for the Updates don't mention Memory but an update to the CPU code is mentioned and this could resolve the problem.

If you do flash BIOS you can always Flash back to your present one in the same way so you don't need to worry about that. But, when you update BIOS any of your current BIOS changes will be lost and you will have to redo them again.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.