Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z68M-D2H sys-fan header

GA-Z68M-D2H sys-fan header
« on: January 17, 2012, 07:24:16 pm »
I'm looking for the current ratings (acceptable amperage draw) on the system fan header on this board. I have it installed in an HTPC case with two 80mm fans that only draw .09amps (.1amp MAX) each, and want to be sure it is okay to run them in a series off the single fan header.. I have read somewhere online a claim that all Gigabyte Mobo's are rated to .5amps max draw on the sys-fan header (more than double what these fans would pull) but want to be sure before I wire them together.
Any help would be great, I e-mailed support a week ago, the mail still has not been labeled as "read" by them.

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
Re: GA-Z68M-D2H sys-fan header
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 10:27:05 pm »
Hi srhamlin,  ;)

Welcome to forum,

Have you tried to verify your temp and voltage with a softwares, like :

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor-pro.html
AND
Check a temp and Voltage with SensorsView
http://www.stvsoft.com/
Gives us more infos about temperature, and voltage with this software.
With this two soft , you have a posibility to double check a situation...

=========================
Do not installed Easy Tune from Gigabyte.
Because he cause a problem and trouble sometimes ... He exist the best software like Hardware Monitor and SensorsView...
For OC , he exist many others softwares....

Gloup_Gloup

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 05:17:54 pm »
Thanks, but not sure how that answers my question...

I know my temps and the voltage/amps my fans draw, but I need to know the max amp draw the mobo's system fan header can safely allow, I don't want to overpower or melt it.

Maybe the easier question is can the sys-fan header on this mobo handle a .2Amp load?

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 08:50:41 pm »
Hi srhamlin,  ;)

okay now I understand more your situation...

Hum, I thinks he do not have a standard about this because each motherboard is not same...

But by exemple the P35-DS3L have a fan headers can support up to 3.0A

The Akasa make a 3 and 4 Pin Fan cable splitter ... so if you plug it on fan_cpu ... why not...

You have posibility for your GA-Z68M-D2H ask to http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw/Default.aspx
Ask them if it is a standard for all or just for P67-Z68 motherboard or is it only for your model GA-Z68M-D2H.

As long as you take this step, ask them if there is a difference between fan_sys AND fan_cpu at the amperage on the motherboard.

Be nice to come back give us the answer ... it shares the information on the forum.

Gloup_Gloup

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 10:27:17 pm »
Received reply from the support ticket I created:

"The header is capable of supporting up to 1a max"

Thanks for the help.

-Sean