Official GIGABYTE Forum

No post on ga-x58a-ud3r

gwigen

No post on ga-x58a-ud3r
« on: December 29, 2010, 11:48:29 pm »
Hi everyone,

I was reading through the threads on here and seeing a few with the same issue im having.  I just bought all new parts from newegg and having issues. Here are the parts im working with, Intel I7 950, gigabyte board x58a-ud3r rev2, 6 gig corsair ram 1333, 750w corsair psu, cooler master v8 processor cooler, 2 wd hard drives, nvida gtx470 video card.

Got everything hooked up and started installing win 7 64 bit. Got as far as entering the cd key and it shut down and when i try to power it back on i get a quick fan turn and flash of light. The board has a green and amber light on. I was going to rma the board to newegg but wanted to post and get some thoughts first.

Thanks

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
Re: No post on ga-x58a-ud3r
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 04:25:01 am »
Can you test with another PSU?

I'd get the board out of the case either way, and off the motherboard tray.   Then see if you can start it on a box or not, with no other hardware connected except CPU/HSF, 1 stick of memory in a white slot, and your graphics card.   If it starts fine that way add things back one at a time until you find the problem.

You may also need to try the Intel stock HSF if you can't get it started at first, in case your cooler now is causing a short somewhere.

gwigen

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 09:02:51 pm »
thanks for the input. Last night i pulled the board out with one stick of ram in the white slots.  Hooked up stock intel cooler and no video card.  I dont have a different psu to try with the 8 pin atx connector. So i sent it back to newegg to see if it is a bad board or not.  Thanks for the help

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 06:57:19 am »
I don't think Newegg tests anything we return, they just visually inspect it and give you a new one if it all looks ok.