Official GIGABYTE Forum

Cannot save bios profiles or update bios to any external usb device. EX58A-UD3R

having a strange issue with my board.  

been trying to update my bios this morning and was having trouble as i could not see my usb device in bios.  everything is switched on and windows can see the drive fine.

after messing around for a bit . it also seems that i cannot save a bios profile either.  when i get to the the save screen annd select usb it takes me to the next screen where it just moves the line from around the box at the bottom and if i press enter it proceeds to ask we whether i want to overwrite file even when there is no device plugged in!

updating mybios from the @bios utility works fine.

am i being a noob or is this a genuine problem?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:52:58 pm by nodiggidy »

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Hi and welcome to the Gigabyte Forum.

Have you enabled USB Storage Function in the BIOS otherwise your USB device won't be detected until Windows loads drivers for it. Also try using the smallest capacity drive you have as sometimes the larger drives give problems.

If I remember correctly to backup the BIOS profile you must have the boot drive on SATA2_0
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:49:54 pm by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Hi and welcome to the Gigabyte Forum.

Have you enabled Legacy USB Storage in the BIOS otherwise your USB device won't be detected until Windows loads drivers for it.

it was the first thing i checked.  ive even used the @bios to take me back to the f1 bios just in case it was some sort of issue with that