Official GIGABYTE Forum

Front panel audio only outputting certain channels

dzz

Front panel audio only outputting certain channels
« on: December 29, 2010, 09:32:23 am »
Hey all, I noticed that my P55A-UD3 mobo's front panel output is behaving strangely.  The realtek drivers detected headphones plugged in correctly, but when I tried to play anything, it seems like it's only outputting the front 2 channels of audio.  When I plug the headphones in the back panel of motherboard, everything works correctly, playing the same file results in all channels being outputted through the headphones.  Is there any driver adjustments I have to make in order to get the front panel to output all channels of audio?

Thanks.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: Front panel audio only outputting certain channels
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 10:02:22 am »
Hi and welcome to the Gigabyte Forum.

If you click on the headphones icon in the system tray on the bottom right of your screen it shopuld open up a description box which if you then click on the icon inside will open up a properties box which will let you configure the headphones.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

dzz

Re: Front panel audio only outputting certain channels
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 08:01:44 pm »
Thanks.  Are you talking about the default Windows driver setup or the Realtek control panel?  I tried to configure the speakers with both default Windows driver installed and Realtek drivers installed, but it's behaving the same.  In the realtek driver I have the port set as headphones, but it's still having the same issue.  It's as if it thinks the front panel ports are a 5.1 channel setup so the front panel jack only output the left and right speaker channels.