Official GIGABYTE Forum

ga-ep45-ud3r: no boot

ga-ep45-ud3r: no boot
« on: January 08, 2011, 08:37:36 pm »
i opened up my system today to simply add a new sata hard drive and now it wont boot

i see the gigabyte logo screen on my monitor but then the screen kind of displays some multicolored vertical pattern on the screen, then it goes black, and then it redisplays the gigabyte logo screen.  it does this over and over again until i turn off the power.

i'm unable to enter the bios or anything else.  the keyboard seems completely unresponsive during the boot process.

i've gone as far as disconnecting all drives thinking i'd at least get a 'no boot device' error but that doesn't happen either.  just the logo screen, a flash, then black, and then the logo screen again.  over and over.

note i don't ever, and never have, heard any bios beep codes during the post process.  i don't think this mob has a speaker and i don't know how to connect one.  Note i've connected ear phones to the line out connector on the mob and they're silient.

other than the screen showing the gigabyte logo over and over, i do see the fans start and when the drives were connected i could tell they were spinning.

i don't know what i've done but any help figuring it out or better yet fixing it would be very much appreciated.

dale

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: ga-ep45-ud3r: no boot
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 09:09:58 pm »
Hi and welcome to the Gigabyte Forum.

It is hard to say what youn have done as it could eb anything from a loose connection to damage through static discharge.

You will not hear anything through headphones. The motherboard speaker/buzzer needs connecting to the Front Panel Connectors.

I would suggest that you take all the connections off the motherboard and refit them, making sure that they are firm.

It would be a good idea if you need any more help to list your components by make/model.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB