Official GIGABYTE Forum

How long do GGTS take to respond?

forumjoe

How long do GGTS take to respond?
« on: January 13, 2011, 10:21:10 am »
The problem aspect of my newly-built P55-US3L that's really holding me up now is that of the distorted sound with the third-party PCI soundcard. It's been a day or two now since I posted a full explanation of it to GGTS but there's no indication that they've even acknowledged receipt of the message or read it yet. On average, how long do they take to respond? I'm not complaining, I just want some idea of how long I might now be in limbo.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: How long do GGTS take to respond?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 10:45:46 am »
Hi there,

it can take 7-10 days to get a reply I'm afraid.  :(
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

forumjoe

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 11:26:25 am »
Thanks. Well, at least I know now.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 01:06:05 pm »
Yes it normally takes a week or more as absic said. Not the fastest response I'm afraid. :-\
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 08:43:06 am »
In regards to your issue, did you update to the very latest BIOS yet?   If not please do.

Also, please install the latest Realtek drivers as well
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

bulava

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 02:17:48 pm »
Yes it normally takes a week or more as absic said. Not the fastest response I'm afraid. :-\
a week's time is too much to me coz i bought all hardware but awaiting for a clarification about mobo support.
is there any other way to get answers quickly? i mean, hardware or mobo IRCs etc? plz help

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 02:20:41 pm »
No I am afraid not. That is why so many people come to this forum for answers and help.

You haven't put your location in your profile so I can't even help you with if there is any local advice available.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 02:21:49 pm by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

bulava

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 02:35:41 pm »
No I am afraid not. That is why so many people come to this forum for answers and help.
that's bad with the gigabyte. yeah i can see many ppl but am not able to get any response for what am looking for.
just wondering why a company like gigabyte has such a level of support.
what if tomorrow or next month or after few months i face a problem with my boards?
i'll be in soup, waiting for them to respond in their own sweet time. this isn't acceptable in business. sorry.
maybe i should try with another mobo maker coz i can't wait for so many days.

forumjoe

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 12:47:23 pm »
Lsdmeasap,

In answer to your question, no, I've not installed an updated Realtek sound driver, simply because it's not needed when you're using a third-party PCI soundcard such as in my case. Realtek sound drivers and Microsoft UAA drivers are required only when you're using the onboard high-definition sound. In the end, I found that the problem I was having was due to a fundamental misunderstanding on my part as to how my Soundblaster needed to be connected, in a SATA environment; I'd missed the significance of a tiny SPDIF Out header on the motherboard, the signal of which which needed to be connected into my Soundblaster. So my sound is now working fine.

As for the general whinge about GGTS and how long they take to respond, I'm afraid we're all needing to be patient. With Gigabyte being such a worldwide producer and having so many PC motherboards in their library, so to speak, demand on their tech support from all around the globe must be substantial. With me, and I've now submitted a second and more important question to them regarding the strange FDD and HDD accesses I'm getting, they're getting around to reading my questions about a week after I've submitted them. Just at this moment, they are, in fact, urging people to wind up any questions to them that remain open and to generally be patient, as apparently they've a huge backlog of questions to deal with.

I suspect that they get a lot of queries about BIOSs and chipset drivers. Some, perhaps many, have inadequacies, and this may be a reflection on Gigabyte's rapid turnover in motherboards.

bulava

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 03:09:24 pm »
As for the general whinge about GGTS and how long they take to respond, I'm afraid we're all needing to be patient. With Gigabyte being such a worldwide producer and having so many PC motherboards in their library, so to speak, demand on their tech support from all around the globe must be substantial.
i get your point, am very patient till now. such a large company should have a solid tech. support. see if i ask a question to intel guys they respond quite fast so why not with gigabyte?  that's my point. i would now try by putting a query with asus guys. let's see who will reach me first.

I suspect that they get a lot of queries about BIOSs and chipset drivers. Some, perhaps many, have inadequacies, and this may be a reflection on Gigabyte's rapid turnover in motherboards.
point taken. my query has nothing to do with the system internals (to consume time). thing is they should have updated the features supported by mobos clearly. it would have saved lot of time. how long it will take for them to update features such as: vt-x - yes. vt-d - yes. i don't think it would cost them much by adding a line or two on the specs page, isn't it?

forumjoe

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 01:37:24 pm »
I kinda agree with you. For instance, I personally think that Gigabyte's neither done themselves nor their end-customers any favours by providing such meagre information on the recommended BIOSs and chipset drivers. I, for example, spent a long time trying to discover if either of the two Microsoft UAA audio drivers were required for my particular setup. It's transpired that they weren't. A note by each driver to say that those particular ones are required only for when onboard HD sound is used would have been useful. The same applies to some of the other drivers. Providing information of that kind and paying attention to detail when putting a new PC together are so important.

I'm bound to say also that it should be the motherboard manufacturer's commercial duty to ensure that the initial BIOSs and chipset drivers are well-tested and work reasonably well. Without them functioning properly, the board is all but useless. It's like buying a brand new car but then finding that it's got an engine that's malfunctioning all the time.

bulava

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 04:29:16 pm »
I'm bound to say also that it should be the motherboard manufacturer's commercial duty to ensure that the initial BIOSs and chipset drivers are well-tested and work reasonably well. Without them functioning properly, the board is all but useless. It's like buying a brand new car but then finding that it's got an engine that's malfunctioning all the time.
u stole my words :) me too upset with these makers coz they are quite habituated with situations: hammer down the steel when it's hot or milk more money when things are in great demand. pls have a look at my response.

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,4235.msg33140.html#msg33140

i would be happy if i get any lead for what am looking for.

thx