Official GIGABYTE Forum

Where is the F3 Bios download for GA-890FXA-UD7 motherboard???

Where is the F3 Bios download for GA-890FXA-UD7 motherboard???
« on: January 19, 2011, 11:19:05 am »
What happen to the F3 bios? i don't see it for download on the site, I own a rev 2.0 of the GA-890FXA-UD7 board. I flashed it to F4 the other day, but now it wont run the same overclocking profile as i had it with F3, for some reason F4 wont boot with me changing the DRAM voltage to 1.31v, which was booting fine on F3.

Can someone give me  link to download F3 bios for this board again thx.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Where is the F3 Bios download for GA-890FXA-UD7 motherboard???
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 12:35:07 pm »
Hi, not sure where it has gone or why.

I have asked runn3R, the forum moderator to look into it and one of us get back to you as soon as we can.

EDIT: Please check your PM's as I have contacted you there regarding this BIOS update.

For others interested in this thread. At the present time it is not clear why this BIOS has been removed from the Update List. As soon as the information is available I will update this thread further.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:16:55 pm by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:57:06 pm »
Thanks for the help, about why Gigabyte might of taken off the bios, i came across this on the overclocking forum

Originally Posted by BeepBeep 
Any bios after F2 are completely [expletive deleted] for UD7, I bet there isnt many happy people, they will have half-dead boards trying to figure out the C1 loop issue. Both F3d beta + F3c beta kill it.

So that was only for the beta F3 right? cause i remember flashing a stable release one.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 11:34:08 am »
Hi there,

The reason that the F3 BIOS has been removed is: the F3 version had problem with recovery from backup bios. F4 fixed the recovery issue.
I hope this explains why it is no longer available on the download page. However, if any users of this Motherboard require the F3 BIOS, knowing the problem with it, then PM me with your e-mail address and I will forward it to you.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.