Official GIGABYTE Forum

SATA Drives wont detect :GA-MA785GT-UD3H

SATA Drives wont detect :GA-MA785GT-UD3H
« on: January 21, 2011, 04:21:20 pm »
Hi iv been working on my pc the last 2 weeks almost trying different things trying to fix it but i have had no luck.

I bought a 1tb Hitachi deskstar sata drive. When installing i stupidly plugged in the sata drive while the pc was still on. It then turned it self on and ever since that it wont detect and sata drives but it will detect an old ide drive of mine.

I built this computer my self and have tryed everything i can think of to try get it to detect.

In the bios it wont detect and drives in boot priority it just says add in cards. I have tryed seting it to native ide and achi and the as sata type but maybe i have done it wrong iv been just trying random things really.

But i cant get in to windows because it wont read my original C drive so when installing windows 7 again when it comes to pick a hdd to install on to it cant see any of them.

You guys any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: SATA Drives wont detect :GA-MA785GT-UD3H
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 10:34:38 am »
Hi there,

could you post back with a few more details of your set-up?
What revision is your motherboard?
What BIOS Version are you running?
What CPU are you using?
What are the other HDD's and DVD/CD drives you are using?

It would also be a good idea to clear CMOS properly and reload Optimised Defaults in BIOS before we go any further.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.