Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-890GPA-UD3H - no post beeps or display

GA-890GPA-UD3H - no post beeps or display
« on: February 16, 2011, 09:28:59 pm »
Hello All

Have seen a couple of similar issues on this board, but none that seem to explain whats happening to my computer.

It's a new build. have the mobo outside the case, with just the following connected:
single 2gb stick kingston 1333 ram that's on the qvl.
Phenom II x4 955.
Corsair 850w psu.

It will turn on, the cpu fan will spin. But, as the title says, there is no display or post beeps when I turn on the machine. If I hold down the power switch it will not turn off either. Have tried this both with and without the memory in. Have tried different sticks of memory and in different slotsalso.

it's Rev 2.1.  Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

WAWood8

Re: GA-890GPA-UD3H - no post beeps or display
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 01:37:54 pm »
Sorry ... this may not be much help ... but I had the same problem recently with an ASUS board.  CPU fan and other fans would spin, the LED on the board would light, but there was no video, no beeps, and no responsiveness to the power button on the case.  Even tried shorting out the board pins using a screwdriver -- to see if the case power button had gone bad.  Still, nothing.  Tried other video cards that I knew worked -- still nothing.  Tried the memory sticks in another machine -- OK.

While it COULD be a PSU problem, I replaced the one in my ASUS system with a new one that I knew worked in another PC -- and still no display or beeps.  So, a new PSU is unlikely to fix it.

Had to end up replacing the board. You might have to look into RMA-ing the board.