Official GIGABYTE Forum

"intelligent throttling of the CPU" BIOS setting

Re: "intelligent throttling of the CPU" BIOS setting
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 04:18:29 am »
May I suggest to use the onboard sound card, to see if the problem is there... if it is.. than it's simple codec problem.

Can you please try Windows Media Player?

Also what Windows are you using?
Did you check if your USB sound card have the latest drivers? If so, can you try old drivers. Be sure to uninstall the old one first, restart your computer and install the other drivers.. do not upgrade a driver.

pjuegos

Re: "intelligent throttling of the CPU" BIOS setting
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 09:20:59 am »
Hi Goodbytes,

Thanks for your reply,

I
May I suggest to use the onboard sound card, to see if the problem is there... if it is.. than it's simple codec problem.

I did it, and the problem dissapears but I have noticed something else; both onboard sound card and DAC are rooted to an AMP:
-onboard sound card to input 1 of the AMP
-DAC to input2.
IF onboard sound card is selected as default sound card, there should be no sound in input 2 in the DAC. However,the noise (sparky crakle sounds) is still present, which shows that somehow a buffer is getting full of digital noise there . It is difficult to understand the reason why that only happens in full screen mode in WMC...

Can you please try Windows Media Player?

I did it, and the problem is also gone. If VLC is used there is no problem at all either. It is only WMC in full mode screen

Also what Windows are you using?

Windows 7 32 bit

Did you check if your USB sound card have the latest drivers? If so, can you try old drivers. Be sure to uninstall the old one first, restart your computer and install the other drivers.. do not upgrade a driver.

The DAC does not have its own drivers. It uses the generic USB DAC driver provided by Windows7

Thanks a lot!

pj