Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-890GPA-UD3H Raid (hoW to)

KalashNK

GA-890GPA-UD3H Raid (hoW to)
« on: April 05, 2011, 05:00:46 pm »
Hi
I'm new to raid config and i don't even known where the raid config is in the BIOS (if it has one). Can you help me?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-890GPA-UD3H Raid (hoW to)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 05:09:53 pm »
Hi
to configure your BIOS for RAID you need to go to the Integrated Peripherals menu. The best bet is to check through your user's manual (page 50 if it's English) as that explains how to configure the SATA controllers.

If you want specific help with configuring a RAID array it would help if you could post back with your motherboard revision number and also let us know what you are trying to do.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

KalashNK

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 05:55:26 pm »
Ok thanks.
I found the RAID option in the BIOS (only an activation option, not a setup like raid 0 or 1). So I suppose i have to setup the raid during win installation. I found out that i have to install a third party software during the win 7 installation to use raid. Can anyone suggest me the best driver with win 7 64?
My gigabyte is a 2.0 ver and i want to create a 2*HDD Raid 0.
Thanks

K.

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 06:01:52 pm »
If you check out this review: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,3619.0.html and go to page 15 of the scribd document, I go through setting up a RAID 0 Array.

Although it is a different motherboard it uses the same SB850 Chipset as your mobo so the features should be the same.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

KalashNK

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 12:50:42 am »
If you check out this review: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,3619.0.html and go to page 15 of the scribd document, I go through setting up a RAID 0 Array.

Although it is a different motherboard it uses the same SB850 Chipset as your mobo so the features should be the same.

Thanks, the review was very useful and i installed raid 0 and win 7 withouth problems. Only one doubt: is it normal the screen after POST and pre raid scanning with the message 'no drives found'?

K.

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 07:56:22 am »
Hi,
being honest, I stopped running the RAID array after I had done my testing and written the review and I have almost forgotten what messages I had displayed on the monitor.

Depending on what other HDD(s) and or DVD/CD Drives you have and how they are configured (IDE, AHCI) will depend on what you get shown during the POST phase of start up. The system will search for HDD(s) and other drives but it won't see the RAID array in the normal manner and it doesn't report the RAID as a Drive.

If everything is working OK and all of your other drives are being reported correctly from within the OS then it is pretty safe to assume it is just a quirk in the way BIOS is reporting things.

KalashNK

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 03:41:02 pm »
Yes everything's working fine, thank you