Official GIGABYTE Forum

Last usb for mouse

zshaw

Last usb for mouse
« on: May 01, 2011, 06:49:31 pm »
I have been using this tutorial: http://www.ngohq.com/news/15043-how-to-increase-usb-sample-rate-in-windows-vista-7-a.html
to increase my usb refresh rate for my explorer 3.0. I have done this before on the motherboard and it seemed to work fine (i have an x-58 usb3.0)

However, after trying to clock the mouse to 1000hz, the usb seems to not want to accept the mouse, ie the mouse doesn't even turn on, forcing me to move it to another usb port. I have tried everything from lowering the clock, to removing it, however every time i reboot the usb port it was on, now doesn't want to work with the mouse. I have rebooted 5 times and only have one remaining usb port that will work with my mouse. It seems like the board is locking the mouse out. Is there a fix for this, is ti something to do with the bios or the reg? If it is the reg, i can reinstall windows 7, however if its the motherboard or the bios, I'm not sure what I can do..

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: Last usb for mouse
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 07:06:44 pm »
HI and welcome to the Gigabyte Forum.

It is possible it could be a Windows problem and is somehow logging and locking out the mouse from the ports in the registry. I think it is more likely a CMOS issue in which case a clear of the CMOS memory should alleviate the trouble.

Remove the power cable from the mains supply and then press the power switch on the case for a few seconds just to drain any residual energy in the PSU capacitors.

Once done remove the motherboard battery for at least one hour before replacing it.

Next plug back into the mains supply and boot.

You will now need to enter the BIOS by pressing DEL and load Opimised BIOS Defaults.

Make any other changes to the BIOS settings to suit your self like disabling the floppy drive, disabling the full screen logo and making the HDD the primary boot device and then press F10 to save and exit.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB