Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-MA770T-UD3 compatible with Windows 7?

GA-MA770T-UD3 compatible with Windows 7?
« on: May 09, 2011, 10:30:54 am »
Hi guys. Basically I'm doing a self build and I've spotted the GA-MA770T-UD3 for a pretty nice price. Now my query comes from the fact that it's says it's compatible with Vista and not W7 which is what i'm building with. My questions really is just that is there anyway it's compatible with W7 so I can save myself a few bob ;D. Seriously though, I've heard using Vista Drivers with windows 7 is possible since they're supposidly the same and also i've looked and there are drivers on the windows 7 download site for it. Anyway, I may just be being stupid but I thought I'd double check with the experts just in case.

Thanks,

C

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-MA770T-UD3 compatible with Windows 7?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 10:36:56 am »
Hi there,

don't worry the GA-MA770T-UD3 is fully compatible with Windows 7.

When you get the motherboard, check for the revision no printed on it and then go here: http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/download-center.aspx?kw=GA-MA770T-UD3 click on the link for your particular version and you can download all the appropriate Windows 7 drivers.

Any problems, post back and we will try to help.  :D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:47:31 am by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: GA-MA770T-UD3 compatible with Windows 7?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 10:47:07 am »
Thanks a lot absic :D