Official GIGABYTE Forum

Lucid Logix Virtu

sigro

Lucid Logix Virtu
« on: June 09, 2011, 05:04:20 am »
i got my new board: Z68x UD3h. i go to what i think is the link to download, and it gives me a 32 and 64 bit version. So far so good. So i click on it to load it and it says no intel sandy bridge graphics device or driver was found. Setup will now exit.

What's odd is i DO have a SB 2600k. Any ideas?

kec789

Re: Lucid Logix Virtu
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 05:56:54 am »
In the same boat as you. I completely misunderstood all the hype and thought ALL Z68 boards would take advantage of QuickSync.

From what I keep reading, your motherboard must have an onboard video source for you to be able to use Quicksync. I bought my GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 from Newegg and they even have a video describing and introducing this exact motherboard and they say in the video that it takes advantage of Intel Quicksync!

I have submitted a request to Gigabyte asking for some more clarification and to see if there is a way to get quicksync to work but I haven't heard back yet. I am pretty sure I am toast though and won't be able to use it. It's irritating because that's one of the main reasons I went with Z68. I encode a lot of video to my iPad and iPhone.

I'm tempted to send it back to Newegg but who wants to re install everything and go through the hassle...

If you learn more please let me know? I will do the same for you.