Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-880GM-USB3L and Phenom II X4 965BE

GA-880GM-USB3L and Phenom II X4 965BE
« on: June 07, 2011, 09:58:35 pm »
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here is using the same motherboard and processor. I recently purchased both and one of the things that has been bugging me is that I am getting high CPU temps at stock speed; fresh boot BIOS and HW Monitor shows it idling at 42ºC while load temps while playing Assassin's Creed at around 59ºC (ambient temp would be around mid 20s to low 30s). I've been researching about this processor and noticed that most idle and load temps are more or less 7ºC lower than mine. I tried searching online for reviews/feedback regarding this motherboard; unfortunately, I can't find any. Is it possible that the motherboard is not reading the temps correctly? Thanks in advance!

Note:
Processor is running at stock and voltage was lowered to 1.275.
Idle CPU temp never goes below 42ºC even if I remove the side panel of the case and directed the fan to it.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-880GM-USB3L and Phenom II X4 965BE
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 08:33:04 am »
Hi there,

What software are you using for reporting the temps? It would seem from what you are stating, that the sensor is working as, when they fail, they usually report a fixed temp.

If you are using the stock AMD cooler then your temperatures would be around the spot that you are reporting and the only really effective way to bring them down is using a good third party cooler.

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.