Official GIGABYTE Forum

Reboot problems 870A-UD3

Tincho

Re: Reboot problems 870A-UD3
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 02:33:55 pm »
Same problem here, on a Phenom X6 based system with a 60GB vertex2 and Windows 7 x64. Memory is fine in Memtest86, fiddling with BIOS prefs and versions did not help. Whatever I do, the system will not move past POST if it is restarted from running previously in any way, even via the reset button on the case. Yet booting from power off works like a charm.

What kind of strange error is this?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 02:36:06 pm »
Have you checked that the firmware on the SSD is up-to-date. Came across a similar issue recently and that was the cause.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Tincho

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 06:28:32 pm »
The SSD actually had outdated firmware, but the update (tedious as it was) did not help either. I'll try reverting to IDE with the new firmware next, but I don't expect that to work either, as the problem was persistent under IDE before the firmware upgrade as well. The POST does not even reach the AHCI list after the reset though.

I guess it could just be a hardware error after all, even though I don't get why it would be limited to the soft reboot...

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 06:53:49 pm »
Have you asked Gigabyte Tech Support about this? It could be a BIOS issue and as they can't test all hardware combinations they may not be aware of a problem. You can contact them here: http://ggts.gigabyte.com/tech.asp?ClassID=2&Country=Germany&SourceWeb=B2C but be prepared for a short wait before they reply.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Tincho

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 07:03:51 pm »
Thanks, I'll dry that.  :)