Official GIGABYTE Forum

H61 rev: 1.0 models. EPIC Design issue.

H61 rev: 1.0 models. EPIC Design issue.
« on: June 05, 2012, 11:29:35 am »
Hallo,
(Sorry for my english, sometimes sounds like german ;))

I decide open this thread, for inform to all H61 1.0 owners about a big issue.

After tons of H61 models passed through my hands, and after check 2.0 models. I detect a BIG issue.
All H61 1.0 models need a important revision (near I/O chip), need to remove two capacitors, and put a new one.

Why? Because 1.0 models, sometimes it doesn't power on, or cause system inestability. 2.0 works perfect.

It's a factory design problem. Gigabyte has quickly aswered with new version but, unfortunately have a lot of users with this issue and they don't know.

I talked with Gigabyte about this issue, and (of course) they don't accept this issue, but I have filed an RMA with 4 pieces, and they return to me with the capacitors changed. (see pictures below)

BEFORE SEND TO RMA:

AFTER SEND TO RMA:

This it's a GA-H61M-DS2 1.0, the place of the caps can change in other models, but it's the same revision.

So, if someone have one of these models, please, before starting to change parts, send MB to RMA.

Re: H61 rev: 1.0 models. EPIC Design issue.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 10:03:48 pm »
i was going to buy that one.   aww many people  complain on it , not only capacitors  some of them had  problem wih mosphets / they were  burning with smoke . gigabyte  is falling down  they do produce new motherboards from parts  that are taken from dead mobo's   .. its insane you buy new motherboard and when you open box  you find it has swollen capacitors :D  that happens