Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-990XA-UD3 Bugs need help..

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-990XA-UD3 Bugs need help..
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 09:26:21 am »
I should point out that the F3b BETA BIOS Mystikalrush is talking about here is actually for the GA-990FXA-UD3 and NOT for the GA-990XA-UD3
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 04:39:59 am »
Bump? This is annoying as hell trying to install different Linux distros when it only boots half the time, doesn't reset properly, and only goes into the bios half the time. Please fix this.

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 09:14:53 am »
Hi there,

As the problems seem to be primarily down to the BIOS the only advice I can offer is that you contact Tech Support here: http://ggts.gigabyte.com and ask them directly about an update for this board.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 02:18:03 pm by runn3R »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 09:53:55 am »
Hi, i have this 990XA-UD3 and sending email-s to gigabyte but they dont understand me or they stupid, i need some bios who fix this problem

after unlocking u hear beep like all is ok but board stock / freeze on gigabyte screen , and that with few cpu, but on old 790FX gigabyte board normaly unlock and works,

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 10:09:51 am »
Hi

Are you trying to say that you are trying to unlock extra cores on you CPU but the board is not responding properly afterwards ?
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 10:17:08 am »
yes, but that is with every cpu what i tested on this motherboard, because mobo freeze on POST, GIGABYTE SCREEN i need New bios

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 11:36:40 am »
Have you tried contacting GGTS and asking for it to be looked at ?

Just enter your email address and click on the language of choice.
GGTS   http://ggts.gigabyte.com/

Please expect several days for a reply.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 12:08:11 pm »
Oh thats bad i contaced 2 times and they always talking cpu is not unlockabile but on friend pc is unlockabile strange, i need new bios F3 is not very good

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 01:02:33 pm »
Hi there,

I understand your frustration but sadly, like nearly all of the user's on this forum, I have no power to influence Gigabyte or their decisions when it comes to BIOS updates which is why we recommend that you keep contacting Technical support as they are the only ones who can do anyting about this.

I know you won't want to hear this but, you should also remember that core unlocking is not guaranteed and I too have had CPU's that can be unlocked on different maker's motherboards but not always on Gigabyte boards. The general consensus is that Gigayte have set a higher threshold for core unlocking for a more stable experience if successful, which is why the failure rate seems higher than others.

Also, these boards are primarily designed for the AM3+ CPU's when they come along so the BIOS is probably geared more towards those than the current crop of AM3 processors.

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 12:47:09 am »
I called Gigabyte technical support. Tried to explain everything I've done to troubleshoot the BIOS bugs. The biggest to me is how flakey USB booting is. Working with multiple versions of Ubuntu, Debian, ArchLinux and fedora I have hit some of the strangest errors. They each fail at a different stage of booting, most refusing to boot at all. I can test the flash drives on my laptop and work machines, both boot the USB disks with no problem.

Technical support told me that they "haven't seen anything related to what I'm talking about" and that its probably defective and I should return it to Newegg. I don't have the box,etc as I built this and ran into all these problems at a LAN party, so...bah.

I've tried it with a different video card, but I do not have replacements for the Corsair DDR3 ram nor the PhenomII 1090T. I have verified all BIOS settings are stock. I really just want to know that Gigabyte knows about these problems and are working to fix them. From NewEgg's reviews on the board other people are having the same exact problems:

username: Aaronius
Cons: I realized too late that there were no IDE ports on the board and my lack of a SATA optical drive was almost a very bad thing. Fortunately, I'm a Linux man, and there are a million options for installation that don't involve cdroms. My biggest problem with the board is that I couldn't get it to boot from the bootable flash drive I made. I know it was a good drive as 3 other systems booted it. I tried for 3 weeks before I gave up and installed the OS from a different mobo and just moved the drives over.

Other Thoughts: Not really a con, but the BIOS can be difficult to enter. I still don't have the magic touch on the delete key to get in there on the first few tries.

username: N/A
Cons: BIOS needs an update. Its overall alright but there are a few things that need to be addressed one of which is the BIOS hanging when attempting to get into the settings along with not properly putting the PC to sleep from Windows

username: wiley
Cons: Bios seems a bit buggy. Flashing the bios can be tricky and dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. Sometimes it won't let me get into bios at all, bypassing the screen and going straight to windows.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-128-510&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=4&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 08:06:12 pm »
2 day's now I have been wrestling with this motherboard (GA-990XA-UDA) and with over 20 years of pc, usage & intallation experience find it one of the most frustrating to date.
In my opinion this was unleased on the public way before it had been propery tested for bugs and it has proberbly more of these than the Amazon Jungle from what I've been hearing & seeing online.
In my case when I switch the computer on it takes unto 5 minutes just to get to the POST!
3 different DVD/RW's have all stopped working after only 10-15 minutes usage???
So installing my OS has become impossible, so unless there is this bios update that can fix it I will be asking for a refund and putting back my sli-M2N32 Delux back in.

Is there anyone who can shed even a little light here?

thanks in advance :-)

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 08:09:04 pm »
Hi there,

have you tried the F6 BIOS which you can download from here? http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3901&dl=1#bios