Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-A75M-D2H Bios question ?

GA-A75M-D2H Bios question ?
« on: July 18, 2011, 06:47:45 pm »

Hi everybody  ;D

I bought one of these new Llano motherboards and some Kingston HyperX 2000 memory to go with it. I chose this memory because 1) I got a good deal on it, and 2) it's listed on the memory compatibility table for this board.

But I have a problem. The MB wont recognise the memory correctly. It thinks it's 1600, and and CPUz reports it as a totally different part no.

Now there is a bios update for this board (F1 to F2) which apparently deals with some memory compatibility problems amongst other things. So I'm guessing a bios update might fix it ?

Problem is, the .exe that is supplied wont run under Win 7 64bit, and I'm not about to start forcing it to run using compatibility mode. I just wouldn't.

However, when I run the .exe it does create a file called A75MD2H.f2 which looks like a bios file.

So the question is- Can I use this file safely with @BIOS ?  Because I know that @BIOS does run under Win 7 64bit. (F2 isn't on the @BIOS servers btw).

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-A75M-D2H Bios question ?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 06:53:55 pm »
Hi there,

The BIOS file you have downloaded from the Gigabyte website is packed in a 7ZIP folder. When you click on this it will auto extract a folder that contains the BIOS update and usually 2 other files.

The file that you have identified as the BIOS Update A75MD2H.f2 sounds correct. I wouldn't use @BIOS to update the BIOS though and would reommend that you use QFlash as this is a much safer method. If you are not sure of how to update the BIOS using QFlash check here: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2441.msg13929.html#msg13929
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 09:09:09 pm »

Many thanks, I'll give that a go.

Let you know if it works.  :)

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 04:56:24 pm »

Great, that did the trick.  :)

My memory is now running at 1995 and I'm getting 63 fps average in Dirt 3 (1080p all settings on high)  with hybrid XFire. Not bad for an HTPC that only draws about 300 watts.

Thanks again.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 05:03:23 pm »
Hi there,

pleased that the BIOS update worked and that you are now running happily.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm sure it will help others.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.