Official GIGABYTE Forum

990FXA-UD3 Problem with booting. Please help.

990FXA-UD3 Problem with booting. Please help.
« on: August 03, 2011, 08:25:33 pm »
I just received my motherboard today and got everything hooked up. Now the problem I am having is that after the boot screen, or menu, when it goes to load ANYTHING, it freezes. At least, I'm pretty sure its freezing.

When I let it boot from my SSD, gets to the screen that says windows didnt load properly last time, then I hit repair, or load normally... Either way, it goes to a black black/gray screen. If its the repair selection I pick, it does the loading files bit first, and then freezes directly after.

When I let it boot from a the windows 7 CD, it gets past the loading files part, and to the splash screen thing, and freezes there.

I have switched out ram, made sure all the settings were default, etc. Not sure what else to try.

Anyone here smarter than me want to help me out? Please?

Nate

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: 990FXA-UD3 Problem with booting. Please help.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 05:08:04 am »
Hi Nate,

the first thing I would check is the firmware on the SSD as, on some, this has been an issue.

If that is OK could you post back with your full system spec's so we know what you have put together?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.