Official GIGABYTE Forum

P35-DS4 REV 1.0 F14 please update it to the newest Intel firmware

drake008

Because nooen here seems to be able to answer my questions I addressing this to gigabyte directly.

Many people need the an updated F14 Bios for this mainboard with the latest Intel OROM for AHCI and RAID. Also the JMicron Firmware must be updated.
If you support people form Gigabyte are not willing to do this please put an instruction up with all the needed links/files to update the bios for yourself.

The hints pierre gave are straight said not enough and after many questions after that he seems not to know what I want or is not able to create this one.

The link to the bios is
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2638#bios

Hope you gigabyte people can help me and the community out here.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: P35-DS4 REV 1.0 F14 please update it to the newest Intel firmware
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 08:03:50 am »
Hi

I would suggest that you contact GGTS directly as Gigabyte don't actually keep much of an eye on the forum itself. You can find them here:

Just enter your email address and click on the language of choice.
GGTS   http://ggts.gigabyte.com/

Please expect several days for a reply.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 01:57:21 am »
 ;) Hi, drake008 and Dark Mantis,

I assume you have 64bit Windows 7 ...like me too  ;D

I saw on this link : http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2638#driver
SATA RAID ver 1.17.50.2
GIGABYTE SATA2 Preinstall driver (For AHCI / RAID Mode)

I do not know the exact version of your motherboard: rev. 2.1 rev. 2.0 rev. 1.1 or rev. 1.0. but somehow it does not change the fact there seems to be actually an update to do.

I have not mentioned in my signature but I have since August 2007 a GA-P35-DQ6 (rev. 1.0), there is also a rev. 1.1.  (Sorry, Dark Mantis  ;) just a little suprise )
I also view the following link http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2637#driver the SATA RAID ver.1.17.50.2

Until this year I was not concerned by RAID mode drivers.
But with all files in my few hard drives, I am interested to buy such hardware like SATA3 drive, RAID5, SSD.

To answer the question from Drake008 (and me) I have searched the internet about JMicron.
I found this website http://www.jmicron.com/Driver.htm
More specifically it  ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/SATA_Controller/Windows/

I find in this place 3 files :
JMB36X_WinDrv_R1.17.63_WHQL.zip
JMB36X_WinDrv_R1.17.63_WHQL_eSATA.zip and
ReleaseNote.txt

I see by reading the file ReleaseNote.txt, there were 9  ::) versions since the one posted on the Gigabyte website.

Also found in ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/SATA_Controller/Option_ROM/
Many files ...view a picture.

So Drake008 said ... ''with the latest Intel OROM for AHCI and RAID''.
Is he referring to this type of folder (Option ROM) and files? Or just about SATA RAID drivers? Or the both (Option ROM and Raid drivers) ?

I am confused, because I never installed these drivers for my computer.
But sometimes I'm good to find the right thing. If not often.  ;D

I am confused, because is not clear for me, because my English is not very well.
Dark is what meant the Bios F4 for their own mobo and by extension then Bios F9 to my GA-P35-DQ6 must also be an upgrade?

So I would appreciate clarification on what it is.
And if the links and files that I found on Internet can resolve the situation described by Drake008.

PS I have a same chip on picture but the difference is the Number ID :  0642 V   112360022 on my motherboard.

Gloup_Gloup
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 08:53:40 am by Dark Mantis »

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 03:51:53 am »
Hi Friends and moderators,  :P

So Drake008 said ... ''with the latest Intel OROM for AHCI and RAID''.
Is he referring to this type of folder (Option ROM) and files? Or just about SATA RAID drivers? Or the both (Option ROM and Raid drivers) ?

I am confused, because I never installed these drivers for my computer.
But sometimes I'm good to find the right thing. If not often.  ;D

I am confused, because is not clear for me, because my English is not very well.
Dark is what meant the Bios F4 for their own mobo and by extension then Bios F9 to my GA-P35-DQ6 must also be an upgrade?

So I would appreciate clarification on what it is.
And if the links and files that I found on Internet can resolve the situation described by Drake008.

PS I have a same chip on picture but the difference is the Number ID :  0642 V   112360022 on my motherboard.

Gloup_Gloup

I never received an answer to my questions on this topic. Yet I have a GA-P35-DQ6.
I would appreciate it greatly in this situation.

Best regards.
Gloup_Gloup