Official GIGABYTE Forum

X48T-DQ6 Will not Boot-up or reach POST (First-Build)

X48T-DQ6 Will not Boot-up or reach POST (First-Build)
« on: October 18, 2009, 08:25:54 pm »
Hi all,

Upon power, the speaker "clicks" (the sound it might make if you just applied a DC voltage to it), all LED's in the CPU meter on the mother board come on full, all the fans start up.

It stays this way for about 3 or 4 seconds, and then it powers down. About 3 or 4 seconds later is repeats the power up attempt. This cycle will continue forever without me ever having to touch the power button except for the first time. I’ve tried an identical replacement CPU and MoBo, no change the identical symptoms are replicated. I do not get any warning beeps or video, beep... Is like a loop. P.S. there is no speaker in the case, is there a pizeo beeper on the MoBo?

If I take out the ATX 24v pin cable the mother board doesn’t reboot. To test the PSU I connected the cable to a ThermaltTake PSU tester, all of the fans, HD’s, Water Cooling Kit all power-up and stay on. I was about to consider changing the PSU but I am beginning to think that you more experienced guys out there are going to tell me stop and maybe point me else where? Maybe to something like an in-compatibility issue that I could have with my system, please find my system below for your information.

My system as follows:-

MoBo Rev= X48T-DQ6 1.3
BIOS Rev = ? never seen it, will not boot
Serial Number = SN083600079960

Case= Thermaltake Xaser V1
PSU =Thermaltake 1500w Toughpower PSU
Cooling = Thermaltake Bigwater 760i liquid cooling system.
CPU= Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad Core, QX9770, LGA 775, 3.20 Ghz, 12MB Cache, 1600 MHz FSB
Memory = Corsair Twin3X2048-1800C7DFIN G 1800MHz DD3 SDRAM DIMMS, total of 4GB i.e. Two pair sets.
Hard-drives = for O/S when booted pair of WD Veloci Raptors 300GB 10,000rpm SATA on the Intel ICH9R Raid chip connectors AII 0 & AII1
Graphics Card = Gigabyte GV-R487X2-2GH-B
                             ATi Radeon series HD 4870x2  2GB GDDRS
Operating System = When it eventually boots and allows me to install Vista Ultimate 32 bit.

Thanks Memory Man

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: X48T-DQ6 Will not Boot-up or reach POST (First-Build)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:14:51 am »
If you've replaced CPU + Motherboard then its either going to be RAM, PSU or possibly your graphics card. If you've tested the PSU then is unlikely to be that. If you take out the graphics card does it still power up and power down after 4secs? Have you tried running with 1 stick of memory and running a memtest?
There's no place like ::1

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 07:42:14 pm »
Hi OggMonster,

Thanks for your reposnse.

I am new to this so can you confirm what or how one conducts a memmory test?

Thanks for your assistance in advance

Memory Man

oggmonster

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 07:50:58 pm »
Download from here http://www.memtest.org/#downiso burn the image using nero image burner (or something similar), then set to boot from CD in BIOS and let it run.

EDIT: forgot it won't actually boot for you. Try these things; taking your graphics card out and seeing if it stays powered on, reseating all connections, running with bare minimum plugged in (CPU, RAM + Graphics) to see if it posts. Also try running with 1 stick of memory and if still same problem changing to the other one.

Give those a bash and let us know how you get on :)

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 11:25:27 am »
Hi ,

Thanks for your assitance, it was a memory issue, all fixed now up & Running

oggmonster

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 11:33:34 am »
No worries! Happy computing!  ;D