Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-990FXA-UD7 - Problems reading CPU temp.

arve

GA-990FXA-UD7 - Problems reading CPU temp.
« on: September 29, 2011, 03:05:14 pm »
Hi,

I am not able to see the temperatures of my CPU regardles what software I use. But the tempereature is visible in the BIOS.

Is there a workaround for this, and/or is it a known issue??

Edit:
Oh, the CPU is a AMD II X6 1100T processor...

-arve-
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:06:22 pm by arve »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-990FXA-UD7 - Problems reading CPU temp.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 03:30:38 pm »
Hi there,

what BIOS version are you running?
If it is not the F5 then it might be worthwhile updating to it. You can download it from here: http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3880&dl=1#bios and I would recommend using QFlash to update not the @BIOS software.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

arve

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 04:12:44 pm »
Hi, the version is F5...

Maybe it is worth to mention that I'm using the Corsair H80 Hydro Series CPU cooler instead of the original cooler..?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 04:20:09 pm »
I have to say that I'm not aware of any issues regarding temperature reporting and sadly, I am running the UD5 so I can't say for certain if there is or is not an issue.

What software programmes have you tried for CPU temp reporting?
Although I don't use it for overclocking EasyTune6 should report the CPU Temp (it does on my system). I have also used HW Monitor and CoreTEmp without a problem. Also, with the F5 BIOS you can use the TouchBIOS software and this should also show you the CPU temp.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

arve

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 12:30:57 am »
I used AMD OverDrive, HW Monitor, Core Temp and a couple of others, but with Touch BIOS I was able to see the temperature :). Although, the temp seemed to be a little low, only 37-38 degrees celcius after 1 hour with Prime95 (@ 1.450 volt)... But then again, idle temp in Windows and BIOS seem to be the same, so I guess the temperature is correct :). Thank you for your help.

Oh, you won't by any chance know what dll and function that is used to get the temp???  ::)

- arve -