Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-7N400 PRO2 rev 2 - Reinstalled win xp with usb keyboard now ps2 doesn't work?

Hello everybody,  Firstly I know this is a very old MB but it did do the trick until the above problem. 

When i first plug the keyboard in the lights for caps lock etc come on then go straight off.  It is not seen in the bios or to get into the bios and not in xp at all.  I've tried uninstalling the keyboard driver and then restarting to no avail. 

After i reinstalled windows I did upgrade to the latest bios which i  believe is FK. 

I have 1 gb memory dual channel 512 x 2 .  2600+ xp athlon running at 209.  450 psu .  I have 2 ps2 keyboards that i'd like to use one. thanks.

Just really appreciate any help, regards

George

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
So if I understand correctly the keyboard does work when in the BIOS - I.E you can move things up and down with the arrow key?
There's no place like ::1

No it is not seen, you can't move things up and down at all. 

Appreciate the quick response

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
So am guessing you reinstalled windows and updated your BIOS using the usb keyboard? If neither PS/2 Keyboard is working, then the ps2 port on the motherboard could have failed. Either stick with your USB keyboard or purchase a USB -> PS/2 Adaptor :)
There's no place like ::1