Official GIGABYTE Forum

Pc wont post when Hyperthreading is disabled / qflash problem

Pc wont post when Hyperthreading is disabled / qflash problem
« on: November 20, 2011, 01:03:21 pm »
Hello, I have a ex58-ud3r (rev 1.6) with a i7 940 and with kingston hyperx 1066 ddr3 6gb.

My pc used to overclock easy, then one morning it failed to post. I just restored everything to default and forgot all about it.

The other day I decided to turn off hyperthreading (because I play games and it helps)

But my pc failed to post when I turn hyperthreading off wether I have everything else set to stock OR oc'ed including the right voltages

Also q-flash fails to see any drive when trying to update the firmware, and of course I cannot update through windows because it tells me to turn hyperthreading off (which I cant)

Thank you

Re: Pc wont post when Hyperthreading is disabled / qflash problem
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 04:36:36 pm »
Bump?

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 10:39:20 pm »
Hi rawiswaruk,

Welcome to forum,

More help about How Do I Update My BIOS?
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2441.0.html

But Before AND after Flash a BIOS...

I do not know if you've done that ... but I invite you to do so.

I suggest you apply the following instructions (quote from Dark Mantis) ...
===================================================

Hi

Try clearing the CMOS before installing the GPU. follow these instructions exactly.

Remove the power cable from the mains supply and then press the power switch on the case for a few seconds just to drain any residual energy in the PSU capacitors.

Once done remove the motherboard battery for at least one hour before replacing it.

Next plug back into the mains supply and boot.

You will now need to enter the BIOS by pressing DEL and load Optimised BIOS Defaults.

Make any other changes to the BIOS settings to suit your self like disabling the floppy drive, disabling the full screen logo and making the HDD the primary boot device and then press F10 to save and exit.

And during a Flashing BIOS...

Hi
Try using QFlash to update the BIOS to the latest version and make sure that youi disable the "Keep DMI Data" on the QFlash homepage.

Come again here for comments, after tried...

Gloup_Gloup
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:41:00 pm by Gloup_Gloup »

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 03:45:56 am »
Hello, I managed to flash through windows, it got to the point where I thought if I brick it who cares? lol