Official GIGABYTE Forum

X58A-UD3R will not post, noticed the screeching sounds before too

hi there im having problems with this newish system.
im using the x59A-ud3r mobo with a i7 950 and corsair xms3 ddr3 memory. the psu is a Enermax galaxy II 1000w which was very expensive.
the computer has not been overclocked nor have i really stressed it playing any high performance games!
 noticed a high pitched screeching sound coming from the PC sometime ago but thought it was the raptor HDD's , i have a 7.1 surround sound system so didnt really notice it much!
anyway the other week i turned the pc on and it would not post! it just starts and then shutdowns again.
i tried the PSU in another PC and that worked, so did the ram and gpu!
the shop i brought it from claims he could not hear any screeching but i already told him it wasnt all the time.
this sounds like the issue a few people have had but im not sure!
can you advise me what to do please?

paul

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: X58A-UD3R will not post, noticed the screeching sounds before too
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 09:35:41 pm »
Hi and welcome.

If you are referring to the screaching sound that came from the power phases of this board  a year or more back then it could be. If you find the longest running thread on the forum you will be able to read for weeks about it!  It was sorted out in the end though by a BIOS update and in some cases also a hardware fix.  I don't remember any actually failing to boot though because of it. If it is that then you will have to arrange a RMA for the board.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB