Official GIGABYTE Forum

M750SLI-DS4 has Alzheimers after BIOS upgrade.

M750SLI-DS4 has Alzheimers after BIOS upgrade.
« on: November 08, 2011, 12:35:50 pm »
I have this board, has worked fine for yonks - no BSOD, kernel panics, weird fits. I upgraded the BIOS to F8K so that I could use a Phenom II CPU. Then cleared CMOS and switch on, all works. But next day, I switch on and there is nothing apart from a sound which sounds like the DVD drive seeking. No beeps, no LEDs light up, no display. So I cleared CMOS again, and it boots okay. But next day ... same problem - no workee until I clear CMOS. I changed the lithium battery, but that helps not. I checked the battery that I removed, and it is okay. I disconnected all drives, and that made no difference. There are no PCI cards, and I am using the onboard VGA. No speakers or ethernet are connected. No USB devices apart from keyboard and mouse.
BTW I have not fitted the Phenom II yet - it still has the old Phenom Agena CPU.
 ???

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: M750SLI-DS4 has Alzheimers after BIOS upgrade.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 12:48:38 pm »
Hi there,

I've got a Mum that's a bit like that!!  :D

When you flashed the BIOS did you use the QFlash Utility or @BIOS? Whichever method you used I would recommend reflashing the BIOS again using QFlash and make sure you disable the "Keep DMI Data" option on the QFlash homescreen first.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: M750SLI-DS4 has Alzheimers after BIOS upgrade.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 01:20:27 pm »
I used QFlash (holding End key during boot). I have never used any BIOS flashers that run under Windoze. And I have linux on it anyway.
After trying everything else, I rolled back one BIOS version to F7. Everything is now functioning, boots fine. So I presume there is something in the ultimate version F8K that is allergic to my particular system. And whatever is happening, the dual-BIOS feature of this mainboard helps not.
 8)