Official GIGABYTE Forum

880GM-UD2H rev 1.3 Boot problems

880GM-UD2H rev 1.3 Boot problems
« on: November 21, 2011, 03:49:45 am »
I've tried booting this rig a few times and nothing is showing up on my monitor.
1. the monitor works.
2. The devices are powering up (blue ray drive, hard drives spin, various fans in the case spin up etc)
3. I've cleared the cmos once to no avail.
4. I don't have a speaker handy, so I'm unsure if its really beeping.
5. I've unplugged the various devices (hd, bluray etc) and booted with just ram, and still nothing.

Not sure what is wrong. Any help is diagnosing/fixing would be appreciated.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: 880GM-UD2H rev 1.3 Boot problems
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 08:21:03 am »
Hi

Obviously the first thing is to get yourself a speaker/buzzer. They only cost a few cents and will help you out no end inm faultfinding. better than guessing!

What port do you have the monitor plugged into and are you using any sort of adapter on the cable ?
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 09:39:53 am »
Hi there,

it would really help if you could post back with your system spec's (what hardware you are using) as without this information it is really difficult to offer any practical advice.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 03:39:22 am »
Hi there,

it would really help if you could post back with your system spec's (what hardware you are using) as without this information it is really difficult to offer any practical advice.

880GM-UD2H
AMD 550BE
4GB Patriot Ram
Radeon HD 5670 GPU
Samsung Blu-Ray,
Hitachi 2TB HDD

As for a speaker, I have not been able to purchase one yet. Will try to do that tomorrow.

As for the video, I am using the white DVI cable, no adapter. Would I have to use the VGA perhaps?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 08:10:23 am »
Hi again,

What Power Supply (PSU) are you using?
What model is the Hitachi Hard drive you are using?

The problem here could be due to the CPU not being supported by the current BIOS on the motherboard. This is a bit of a grey area as there are two versions of your CPU and one is supported from the F2 BIOS and the other is supported by the F5 version. Do you know anyone who has an AMD CPU that is on the support list for your motherboard ( http://uk.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=3475 ) that will work with the F2 BIOS?

If not, do you have a local PC Store who might be able to flash the BIOS to F8 for you?

I have to say that this is only a guess and the problem could be due to other factors but this is where I would start the troubleshooting process.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:24:20 am by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 04:02:58 am »
Hi again,

What Power Supply (PSU) are you using?
What model is the Hitachi Hard drive you are using?

The problem here could be due to the CPU not being supported by the current BIOS on the motherboard. This is a bit of a grey area as there are two versions of your CPU and one is supported from the F2 BIOS and the other is supported by the F5 version. Do you know anyone who has an AMD CPU that is on the support list for your motherboard ( http://uk.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=3475 ) that will work with the F2 BIOS?

If not, do you have a local PC Store who might be able to flash the BIOS to F8 for you?

I have to say that this is only a guess and the problem could be due to other factors but this is where I would start the troubleshooting process.

Ok, bought a motherboard speaker:

turn it on, its 4 long beeps. When i first got this a year ago I had to put in my 955BE upgrade the bios, and then swap the CPU back because the processor I had was a C3(? i think...)

However. The hitachi drive isa 2TB Deskstar.

Where are the beep/mobo speaker codes for this motherboard? I cant find them.