Official GIGABYTE Forum

GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 end less power on and off cycle

GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 end less power on and off cycle
« on: December 04, 2011, 05:58:52 pm »
hello all I am new to all of this and this is my first build

i got all compoints in my case when i turn on my power suplly there is a red led on the bottem right side on the board and the power botten is light up blue
when i press power all light on the the board come on cooler light fans work everything then in 1  to 2 sec it dies and restarts keeps doing that tell i kill the power to my power suplly then few sec later the board lights blink after the power supply is turned off   please help

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB
GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 3072MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB3A-BK 2.5" 120GB SATA
i7 2600k Black 1 t hard drive
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RSC00-80GAD3-US 1200W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.92
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
Re: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 end less power on and off cycle
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 09:15:18 pm »
Hi KambuiSoldier, Welcome to forum ;)

Just because I am not sure about your mounting system, like How to....

Check if you have connected good cable on motherboard. Check all cable and connection. Use a manual guide PSU or Motherboad... if needed.

By exemple, do not get confused between the 4-pin cable for the supply of the motherboard. And 4-8 pin cable for the use of CPU.

If a cable is ok, good, and in a respective place on the motherboard...

Maybe check if you keep only one stick of RAM... if you have a same problem...
Try this only one stick of Ram in each Bank. Have you a same problem?
If yes change stick of Ram for another stick and repeat a procedure.

Another points :
==========

Just check if you have a dust or very small pieces of paper or something else, like hair, etc.. In the memory sockets.
Take a flash light if need.

Sometimes inappropriate connections can caused this situation with the memory.

Check carefully that your cables (IDE, SATA, for example) are good and connected properly.

Sometimes the pins or contacts of the sockets or cables are damaged.

So the transmission of DATA (or electric current) goes wrong or nothing.

Otherwise I suggest you apply the following instructions (quote from Dark Mantis) ...
===================================================

Hi
Have you got the BIOS updated to the l;atest version ?

Try clearing the CMOS before installing the GPU. follow these instructions exactly.

Remove the power cable from the mains supply and then press the power switch on the case for a few seconds just to drain any residual energy in the PSU capacitors.

Once done remove the motherboard battery for at least one hour before replacing it.

Next plug back into the mains supply and boot.

You will now need to enter the BIOS by pressing DEL and load Optimised BIOS Defaults.

Make any other changes to the BIOS settings to suit your self like disabling the floppy drive, disabling the full screen logo and making the HDD the primary boot device and then press F10 to save and exit.

Gloup_Gloup

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 07:13:48 am »
Hi and welcome.

I see that Gloup_Gloup has already posted my recommendations for clearing the BIOS which is what I would have done as a first step. Please follow these instructions exactly first. After that if you are still having the same problem try removing the two sticks of memory in DDR3_2 and DDR3_4. Put the two extra modules aside in an anti static bag or box and save for now. Try booting now and post what happens.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 07:14:55 am by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

spurst

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 02:54:56 am »
OP, did you ever resolve this? I have this exact issue with a different CPU and slightly diff board.

nolij

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 03:20:34 am »
wow i am trying to figure this out with a x58a-ud3r board and i7950 cpu. this happened two days ago. i had everything liquid cooled in a big case. examined everything and no leaks. so to play things safe and for test purposes, i did the build in a different case with all stock heatsinks. got the same problem. so it was late so i left it unplugged and alone overnight. went to work on it the next day and it powered up.

so  i went to install it back in the other case with the liquid cooling kit and it would not turn on. seems it was somehow shorting in that case. so went back to stock sinks and the other case. and i still get the reboot loop even as i speak. it has been almost 3 hours since i touched it, im thinking a bad board. i tried just about everything in every thread i could find.

i know i offered no help but i wanted to let you know you are not alone with this problem. after everything i tried im thinking the board. good luck.

Fatman

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 03:30:39 am »
Have you tried flashing the bios? Like can you enter bios at all?

nolij

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 03:41:41 am »
im sure he cant get into the bios if it only stays on 1 to 2 seconds as he stated. its the same issue as me. its on for a second  and then restarts. not even on long enough to get anything on the screen.

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 07:09:53 am »
Hi Friends, ;)

Bad we do no news from KambuiSoldier's situation.

Gloup_Gloup

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 05:05:46 pm »
I Had the same problem with my z68-xp ud3.  I notice that the board was not setting the qpi/vtt memory controller voltage correctly when set to auto.  Change this to 1.2 volts and see if this solves your problem. 

If you are having trouble getting into the bios,  pull the plug and the bios battery.  it also would help to use the cmos clear while your in there.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 05:07:02 pm by mi_dad04 »