Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z68X-UD3-B3: PCIe x1 and BIOS F8/F11 Audio Problems

GA-Z68X-UD3-B3: PCIe x1 and BIOS F8/F11 Audio Problems
« on: December 07, 2011, 01:25:32 am »
I was having the same problem as the user here (post looping with eCLARO soundcard plugged into any PCIe x1 slot, except on a different motherboard):
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,5150.0.html

I was able to solve the post loop problem by updating the BIOS from F2 to F11, but when I did so, Windows would not completely recognize any audio devices. Well, the devices would be shown under control panel\sound\playback, but I could not set Realtek nor the eCLARO soundcard as default playback devices. I updated the drivers for both the Realtek motherboard sound and the separate soundcard, and I also made sure the hardware was enabled under device manager, control panel, and BIOS for Azalia/Realtek. Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services are also enabled. The only thing is, there seems to be no system input to either of the sound devices. The Realtek control panel would show that speakers were plugged in, but had no option to select speaker configuration and volume control.

Right now, I'm using BIOS version F7, which at least gives me onboard audio, but using the PCIe x1 slot causes the post loop problem.

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
Re: GA-Z68X-UD3-B3: PCIe x1 and BIOS F8/F11 Audio Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 04:34:37 am »
Hi Riktasi,  ;)

When you have Flash a BIOS...

Use a FLASHSPI.EXE to reflash BIOS ( Never use @BIOS, because is not good orIt is not the best ..)

More help about How Do I Update My BIOS?
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2441.0.html

But Before AND after Flash a BIOS...

I do not know if you've done that ... but I invite you to do so.

I suggest you apply the following instructions (quote from Dark Mantis) ...
===================================================

Hi

Try clearing the CMOS before installing the GPU. follow these instructions exactly.

Remove the power cable from the mains supply and then press the power switch on the case for a few seconds just to drain any residual energy in the PSU capacitors.

Once done remove the motherboard battery for at least one hour before replacing it.

Next plug back into the mains supply and boot.

You will now need to enter the BIOS by pressing DEL and load Optimised BIOS Defaults.

Make any other changes to the BIOS settings to suit your self like disabling the floppy drive, disabling the full screen logo and making the HDD the primary boot device and then press F10 to save and exit.

And during a Flashing BIOS...

Hi
Try using QFlash to update the BIOS to the latest version and make sure that youi disable the "Keep DMI Data" on the QFlash homepage.

Gloup_Gloup

Gloup_Gloup

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 05:18:45 am »
Hi Riktasi,

Maybe when you have a update the Realtek drivers...

The hard disk have again a trace of last drivers.. or ... sofware...  8)

So I give a instructions for remove that....
=================================

Normaly in windows use a Device Manager...

But he exist others softwares...

Please completely remove older version driver first with :
Drivers sweeper : http://phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Driver-Sweeper/Version-3-2-0/

and soft for  Windows Registry :
Ccleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
jv16 PowerTools 2011 http://www.macecraft.com/downloads/jv16pt_setup_hb.exe
Wise Registry Cleaner Pro http://www.wisecleaner.com/soft/WRCPro.exe

Check on Hard Drive if you have a trace of deleted, removed software in folder.
Use Windows search function for find it.

and restart the computer.

Gloup_gloup

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 06:44:20 am »
Ok, I updated BIOS to F11 again, this time using QFlash, but the audio still is not working. I also reinstalled the audio drivers after cleaning them out thoroughly.

Windows device manager is also now showing an unknown device under sound controllers. Both the Realtek and eCLARO soundcard drivers are installed. I've tried using the automatic driver updater for the unknown device, but Windows reports that no driver can be found. There's also other sound devices, which have always been there - they're from my nVidia GTX 460 graphics cards. I've tried disabling them before, but there was still no sound from Realtek nor the eCLARO card.

It seems like the audio devices aren't properly being recognized. Is there something wrong with the chipset in relaying audio data in F11? The version description says it supports "Dolby Home Theater PCEEv4", but I'm not even using that.

Update Edit: I have resolved this issue through a repair installation of Windows 7. Thanks for the assistance.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 08:53:22 am by Riktasi »

Gloup_Gloup

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 06:08:41 am »
Hi Riktasi,  ;)

Thank for give us a solution and final information.

Gloup_Gloup

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 06:18:25 am »
Hi

If it's any help now you seem to have done all the right things there and the devices in Device Manager that are shown with a exclamation mark beside them are probably the audio uotputs for the graphics cards. These HDMI outputs can be quite confusing when you are looking for audio devices. Glad you seem to have found a solution though.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB