Official GIGABYTE Forum

onboard sound question

onboard sound question
« on: January 18, 2012, 08:15:25 pm »
I just updated my OS from XP Pro to the Win7 64bit OS

I have the GA X48-DS4 motherboard and I have always use the onboard sound.

Since the reformat and changing to Win 7 OS I can not view the sound viewer for settings and testing the sound etc.
I can get speaker sounds via the "green" plug in the back, but I get no wounds out of the other "gray, black, orange or pink" plugs

I do not know how to get that onboard sound viewer back whith this new system.  I did go to the gigabyte site and install (what I thought were the correct) drivers for onboard sound.

Any ideas what I am leaving out or doing wrong here??

Ben

Re: onboard sound question
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 10:14:24 pm »
Hi Papa.

I have the GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 board.

Do you have Realtek audio manager installed?

It also shows up my other plugs & lets me know which one I have plugged in or out. Also does sound checks on all my speakers.

When installing new drivers remember to remove the old ones first & that they are the ones for your board.

You might just have the drivers installed but haven't included Realtek Audio Manager.

Hope this helps, please come back if you need more info.

Ben.
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3
i7 2600 (4.00GHZ)
Ripjaws X 2@8GB XL (1.7V)
Kingston Blu Hyper 2@2GB (1.7V)
Corsair TX 650
HD 6870 1gb
blu ray + dvd
1T wd hdd
500gb WD hdd
Gigabyte Armor+MX case
Noctua air cooling (4 fans)
AOC 27'
Win 8 pro Full

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 01:33:17 am »
Hi & y;es...I do have the realtek audio manager installed, however out of 6 plug areas only the green is working.

The audio manager .exe is the one that was inside the downloaded audio drivers folder and it is different then the one that I had with XP Pro.

I am not up-to-speed with Win 7 yet having just installed it a few days ago so I very well may be missing something. 

Ben

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 05:43:43 am »
Hi again,

I know that mine only lights up if you put a plug in it also asks what you are inserting, IE "front speaker/line in/mic, etc & you tick the box to confirm this.

I know that my line in (blue) works as I do some movie/sound recording to my computer.

As for the others I have never tested,when you installed the drivers etc did you make sure it was the 64 bit ones?

The other plugs only work if you plug something in, the "blue" is 'line in' in mine, while I use the green for my speakers via a amplifier.

My specs" for my "realtek" are; Audio Driver Ver. 6.0.1.6511, Directx 11, HD Audio, Audio Codec, ALC 889.

The only other thing I can think of is you have wired the board up wrong, which I have done once, in my case I missed a couple of wires.

Ben.

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3
i7 2600 (4.00GHZ)
Corsair TX 650
HD 6870 1gb
blu ray + dvd
1T wd hdd
500gb WD hdd
Gigabyte Armor+MX case
Noctua air cooling (4 fans)
AOC 27'
Win 8 pro Full

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 07:18:50 pm »
Hey Ben..

I found the problem.  I had set to dual speakers & when I changed the settings to 5.1 speakers
then I was able to get sound out of the black and gray ports just like before.
I knew that it must be something that I just overlooked.
I had the corrrect drivers/control panel downloaded for my win 7 64bit system...Just the standard "operator error"

Thank you for your input...God Bless Australia..

Ben

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 11:39:03 pm »
Hi again Papa.

Yes I know its always something simple, actually I did something similar myself once, just after reading your comment I remembered it.

Glad all is well.

Ben.
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3
i7 2600 (4.00GHZ)
Corsair TX 650
HD 6870 1gb
blu ray + dvd
1T wd hdd
500gb WD hdd
Gigabyte Armor+MX case