Official GIGABYTE Forum

GTX 295 rev2.0 POST ERROR

Ruined

GTX 295 rev2.0 POST ERROR
« on: January 13, 2012, 04:30:08 pm »
Greetings,

The "Post Error" problem originated when I took the card out of a perfectly working system to give to a friend as I was dismantling my system because I had recently purchased an entirely new one.

System specs the GTX 295 is going into:

Motherboard: Asus P5K
CPU: Intel Core 2 E8400 3.0ghz
PSU: Corsair HX850W
Memory: Corsair 3gb DDR2 3x1gb Dominators
HDD: WD 500gb VelociRaptor
Monitor: Asus 24"

I seated the card into the blue PCI-E slot, connected both power connectors, and plugged the DVI cable into the port closest to the motherboard. Upon turning the computer on, I get one long beep then three short beeps. The LED on the back of the GTX 295 lights up green and the fan is working, too. But I cannot get video from the GTX 295 upon booting. The PC does, however, boot into windows just fine, and I can hear windows. The monitor just never turns on, not even during the bios. Therefore, I don't think there is a driver issue.  

I have tried both DVI slots. I have tried clearing and updating the bios, also. I have tried switching the power connectors even though it doesn't appear to be a power issue because the LED is a solid green, indicating that there is sufficient power. The LED would be a solid red if power was an issue. So that rules out a PSU problem. I even tested the memory with Memtest which returned no errors.

I can boot the computer and get video with a different, much suckier graphics card (no external power required). Therefore, I know the monitor and cables work.

So I'm at a loss as to why it doesn't want to start. Both systems, respectively, were working perfectly prior to the changeover. I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction...

« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 04:45:03 pm by Ruined »

Ben

Re: GTX 295 rev2.0 POST ERROR
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 07:17:30 am »
Did you uninstal the old graphics drivers first before putting in the new card if not go into  safe mode that  way you should be able to remove the old drivers.

Ben.

PS.
Got this off the "Award" Site;
 1 Long Beep, 3 Short Beeps
One long beep followed by three short beeps means that either the video card isn't installed or the memory on the video card is bad. Reseating or replacing the video card will typically fix the cause of this Award beep code.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 07:27:23 am by Ben »
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3
i7 2600 (4.00GHZ)
Ripjaws X 2@8GB XL (1.7V)
Kingston Blu Hyper 2@2GB (1.7V)
Corsair TX 650
HD 6870 1gb
blu ray + dvd
1T wd hdd
500gb WD hdd
Gigabyte Armor+MX case
Noctua air cooling (4 fans)