Official GIGABYTE Forum

X79-UD3 + 16GB mem kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 + SLI + BIOS update = disaster

Aussie Allan

• A yoyo uses all three fundermental laws of phisics
Re: X79-UD3 + 16GB mem kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 + SLI + BIOS update = disaster
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 09:30:21 pm »
  MoonStorm

Dark Mantis beat me to the punch in an explanation .... It might be easier to explain briefly with a bit of FPS humor ....

About 72hrs ago .... the Forum came under a sustained frontal cyber assault at strength  (2 or 3 people)

Half way through the fire fight , the left flank got hit as well, attacking gigabyte hardware and apps with heavy weapons.

Many hardened forum members came  out and showed there support and added to the firefight ....two are still MIA

Unfortunately  ;)  several unknowing new members stuck there heads up... :o.....and had a fire mission put down on there position

This explanation is our/my way of saying sorry, twas the wrong time and place to  say "I don't like the green on Gigabyte boards"....  would have been enough to mark you as a possible enemy combatant and draw friendly fire.

Any and all constructive information , (mostly computer related) is welcome .... although the occasional  lobster or crab recipe does not go astray.

Your opinions will be respected ..... but don't expect others to agree with you......respect other peoples opinions  ;)

If we try and keep it constructive instead of destructive .....Gigabyte might just take us seriously and listen to our grievances and ideas.

And a Karma for you MoonStorm for the shot that passed your ear  ;D

Aussie Allan
i7-4790K @4.8GHz 24/7 water clock
MSI XPower AC
32GB corsair  2666Mhz
 GTX-1070Ti full cover
Lange DDC elite pump
G changer360 Rad x2
Phobya 450 balancer
W10 Pro-64
Zigor 2000 UPS
1x500GB for clone
6x2tb- raid5-Storage
C: Evo 970 Pro 512gb
Scratch:Evo 970 Plus 512gb

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 09:47:21 pm »
Hi Aussie Allan, ;)

After having read the log (Your previous post) of the ship of the fleet admiral Gigabyte on a mission to the UK, I am glad not participate in combat, already been weakened by other actual physical injury.

Thank you for the info AA.  :P

Gloup_Gloup
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:49:00 pm by Gloup_Gloup »

Rolo42

• DON'T PANIC!
    • PC Parts List
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 04:50:58 am »
The OP's blaming Gigabyte for pilot error was off-putting and set the tone.

Want to advise others?  Here:

- You never, ever boot into your OS with known memory errors and you certainly do not go changing things, least of all drivers, with bad memory.  If you have an object lodged in your windshield wiper scratching the window, you don't put the wipers on high!

- Make a backup of your BIOS settings when you finalise them.  Either PrtScr with an LPT1 printer or take pictures of your BIOS screens and keep them on your phone/camera.

- Always clear CMOS settings and DMI data when updating BIOS.

- Always run basic function tests from a bootable disc, like memtest86+, after a BIOS update; you don't know what they've changed as everything isn't in the change log, which you've, no doubt, read before embarking on this endeavour.

;)