Official GIGABYTE Forum

Issue with booting

Fatman

Re: Issue with booting
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 12:16:14 am »
That is a power error. Reseat all your power connections and make sure they are all slotted home.

Rolo42

• DON'T PANIC!
    • PC Parts List
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 02:30:44 am »
I concur.

The BIOS beeps are continuous short beeps.  I'd suspect power first (especially with it powering on for a few seconds the fewer components you have installed), memory seating second, and finally motherboard (to include a short, to the case, for example, bent CPU socket pins, etc.--not just a bad motherboard).

I only saw an OCZ PSU once and wasn't impressed, so I don't know its quality; do you have another PSU you could try/borrow?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:31:48 am by Rolo42 »

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 12:15:08 pm »
I concur.

The BIOS beeps are continuous short beeps.  I'd suspect power first (especially with it powering on for a few seconds the fewer components you have installed), memory seating second, and finally motherboard (to include a short, to the case, for example, bent CPU socket pins, etc.--not just a bad motherboard).

I only saw an OCZ PSU once and wasn't impressed, so I don't know its quality; do you have another PSU you could try/borrow?

No sir and I have emailed my PSU suppliers haven't relpied.

Aussie Allan

• A yoyo uses all three fundermental laws of phisics
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 12:46:32 pm »

Katazuki

Aussie Allan again

Had a look to all the replies .....without going into the who, what, how and why and what's been covered so far ..... I think you're at the get the board tested stage ..... if you are confident you had the hardware config correct ..... and you tried at least two different sticks of ram and the resulting boot was the same ... it's down to Board-CPU the PSU ..... what ever is easiest and cheapest to get tested first ....go this path.

my own personal thought are .... if you firmly believe the nest is fine .... the memory is good and all the kit is listed as compatible ....99 out of 100 it will be those three in that order ..... lucky for you all carry warranties .... it's a matter of picking the most logical one so you don't waste time and money

After saying all that ....if you can beg, borrow or steal a loan of a PSU or CPU for testing purposes ....... 8)

Aussie Allan
i7-4790K @4.8GHz 24/7 water clock
MSI XPower AC
32GB corsair  2666Mhz
 GTX-1070Ti full cover
Lange DDC elite pump
G changer360 Rad x2
Phobya 450 balancer
W10 Pro-64
Zigor 2000 UPS
1x500GB for clone
6x2tb- raid5-Storage
C: Evo 970 Pro 512gb
Scratch:Evo 970 Plus 512gb

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 02:04:48 pm »
It is a continuous short beep recurring. This means power failure. It could be just one of the rails isn't outputting the correct voltage or the board has a short to the chassis. The next thing to do is as Fatman has already suggested and that is to build it up outside the case.

Remove the motherboard from the case and test it on the workbench.

Make sure that you observe anti-static precautions.

Lay some cardboard or use the motherboard box that is non-conductive on the worktop and remove the motherboard/CPU/heatsink/fan/buzzer/one stick of memory/graphics card and PSU from the case and put it on the cardboard. Add the keyboard and mouse and try and boot. The system should try and make a beep or series of beeps. Please post what sounds it makes.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 02:20:01 pm »
It is a continuous short beep recurring. This means power failure. It could be just one of the rails isn't outputting the correct voltage or the board has a short to the chassis. The next thing to do is as Fatman has already suggested and that is to build it up outside the case.

Remove the motherboard from the case and test it on the workbench.

Make sure that you observe anti-static precautions.

Lay some cardboard or use the motherboard box that is non-conductive on the worktop and remove the motherboard/CPU/heatsink/fan/buzzer/one stick of memory/graphics card and PSU from the case and put it on the cardboard. Add the keyboard and mouse and try and boot. The system should try and make a beep or series of beeps. Please post what sounds it makes.

I will try this shortly, thank you man.