Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA970A-UD3 starting up slowly

GA970A-UD3 starting up slowly
« on: January 28, 2012, 07:51:06 am »
Hi I have the gigabyte motherboard type GA 970A-UD3
When I starting the pc everything is ok only the time between my logo on sceen(when it's gone) and the text "Loading Operating System"  is more then 5 seconds.
What of kind settings in me bios is this of have someone the same problem all info are welcome ofcourse.
bye the way the bios firmware version is 4 has also try 5 beta but the same problem

PC Specifications:

Mobo GA 970A-UD3
HD : Corsair Force 3 SSD ATA
        WDC WD10EARS-00Y5B1
Memory : Geil DDR3 Dual Channel 1333 Mhz
Graphiccard: Nvidia Geforce GT520
Processor : Amd Phenom II X4 980 3,7 Ghz

Greetz Dave

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA970A-UD3 starting up slowly
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 12:08:27 am »
Hi there,

from your description I don't think there is a problem as it would seem your system is following the usual POST Process. From my own  experience of Gigabyte motherboards there is always a delay at this stage. The only thing that might things a little quicker is to check in BIOS that you have your HDD set as 1st BOOT Device, if it isn't already set that way.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: GA970A-UD3 starting up slowly
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 09:49:27 am »
Hi there,

from your description I don't think there is a problem as it would seem your system is following the usual POST Process. From my own  experience of Gigabyte motherboards there is always a delay at this stage. The only thing that might things a little quicker is to check in BIOS that you have your HDD set as 1st BOOT Device, if it isn't already set that way.
thx for answering yes i set the 1st boot device to my ssd drive but anyway thx it was a question if it's normally by gigabytes ok for me

Dave