Official GIGABYTE Forum

Problems with Dolby Home Theater on GA990XA-UD3

Problems with Dolby Home Theater on GA990XA-UD3
« on: March 05, 2012, 03:46:21 am »
Did a search first, didn't see anything so I start a new Topic.

Specs first:
GA990XA-UD3
Phenom II 970
8Gb G Skill Sniper 1600
EVGA GTX560Ti
WD 500Gb SATA II
SATA dvd burner
Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, all updates

Now, the problem is this. When the Dolby Home is turned on, and the Realtek speaker settings are in 5.1 (I have a Creative 5.1 speaker system) and I play anything from the Internet, sound only comes out of the center and sub. I can change speaker settings to stereo, and I get sound from the front speakers. Now, if I turn off the Dolby Home, speakers act normal in all settings, but without the EQ, sounds like crap.

I can do the speaker detect, and have double and triple checked that the speakers are hooked up correctly. And, the Realtek and the Windows speaker tests both show each speaker is as it should be.

I have installed the latest Realtek drivers. Is there any kind of update to the Dolby Home? Any and all help is really appreciated. Just put this PC together a few weeks ago, other than this issue I have no complaints. It really is a great board!

toe471

Re: Problems with Dolby Home Theater on GA990XA-UD3
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 12:00:12 pm »
Hope i can help here chris,

I have a HTPC running windows 7 x64 and I had a nightmare setting mine as i configured it to run 5.1 on internet and listening to tunes but everytime I did that it made a strange crackling noise with opening files?

My PC is set up to a marantz amp so the sound needed to be perfect although when watching bluray it also needed to be converted to5.1  DTS?Dolby Digital sound so I found the best player to use was windows media player classic as it had all the relevant codes installed ready to go!!

I hated using windows media player as you cant really mess around with the picture/sound settings hat much?

hope this helps!!  ;)

Re: Problems with Dolby Home Theater on GA990XA-UD3
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 06:19:52 pm »
I guess I should have been more specific. The Dolby Home Stereo is a piece of software that Gigabyte bundles on it's driver disk. It's basically an equalizer, and it takes the place of the Realtek built in equalizer. I don't have an HTPC setup or external amp. Just the PC and a 5.1 speaker system. So it's the Gigabyte software that is messing things up. But thanks for replying, toe471.

Never mind, I fixed it myself
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 09:21:51 am »
Well, for future reference if anyone should have this issue. Uninstall the Gigabyte/ Realtek HD drivers and that stupid Dolby equalizer. Download the Realtek drivers for a Biostar TA990 chipset board. Install, reboot and enjoy.