Official GIGABYTE Forum

How to reinstall the BIOS from scratch? HELP!

jgespi

How to reinstall the BIOS from scratch? HELP!
« on: November 14, 2013, 09:24:08 pm »
Hello. I need to know how to recover the BIOS from the backup that comes standard with DualBIOS system, because I have corrupted the current. Nor do I find the page of Gigabyte factory bios to install from scratch, only updates are available. Already, thanks.

EDIT: Model Motherboard: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (rev. 1.3)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 09:43:02 pm by jgespi »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: How to reinstall the BIOS from scratch? HELP!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 01:38:53 am »
If this doesn't work there is another one on this forum that somebody else did. I'll see if I can find it.

Try this. Make sure to follow directions carefully and exactly. If it does not work the first time try it again.

BIOS Recover Method Via Manually Invoking BACKUP BIOS Auto-Recovery
Using Power Supply - On/Off Switch

It is possible to make the BIOS Auto-Recovery kick in (Dual BIOS) and re-flash the MAIN BIOS with the contents of the BACKUP BIOS.

This is a simple and easy method for anyone to try before having to resort to other more difficult methods, or a RMA.

1. Shut off the power supply using the switch on the back of the PSU, wait 10-15 seconds.
2. Press and hold the case Power On swtich, then while still holding turn on the power supply from the switch on the rear.
3. Still holding the case power on switch, the board will start, once it does release the case power on switch and shut off the power supply via the switch on the read of the unit. (Do the latter two parts as quickly as you can once the board starts)
4. The board will shut down.
5. Turn the power supply back on using the switch on the rear of the unit.
6. Turn on the motherboard by pressing the case power on button.

Once the board starts this time you should see the Gigabyte splash screen, or POST page, then the Auto-Recovery from Dual BIOS will kick in. You will see a checksum error, and then recovery from BACKUP BIOS will begin. Once it is done reboot your machine and enter the BIOS and load optimized defaults then save/apply/reboot back to BIOS.

Now you are done, and will be using whatever BIOS was in your BACKUP BIOS, From there you can attempt whatever you were previously trying, or update your BIOS to the latest version.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

jgespi

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 07:20:41 pm »
u_u

I tried, several times, and it does not work: in the POST screen still appears the updated BIOS version that I have (F10) and the checksum error message does not appear to initiate recovery. I would appreciate if you find another method to mention...

PS: I contacted tech support and they gave me the same method, even less detailed than here in this thread > <

jgespi

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 07:22:29 pm »
Update: Before I go, I will say that the reason why I want to reinstall the original bios is corrupted because obviously for some unknown problem.

But reviewing the forum, I find this thread:
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic, 8244.0.html

And they are the same symptoms that began to present my motherboard!

I've ruled out problems with ram, hard drive and power supply ... It's pretty rare this issue, more taking into account that it is not an isolated case, apparently ... ¿?

jgespi

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 01:49:28 am »
Finally, I got it! After clearing the CMOS and removing the battery, I could enter the screen of "POST Error" after the process given above.

http://www.subirimagenes.net/i/131117024615743503.jpg

I chose the option DEFAULT. But in the boot screen still appears the updated version that was done in the Bios ...! : S

¿¡What are other values ​​to choose which gives me the previous screen, why are so many!? > <