Official GIGABYTE Forum

system builder now wants Gigabyte boards

system builder now wants Gigabyte boards
« on: January 28, 2012, 05:01:26 pm »
Hello to cut a long story short i am a system builder and seem to be getting a lot of faulty mobo,s from **** so i am now thinking of changing to gigabyte.

But as well as installing the product i like to know how they work, bios and settings etc and as i am building my own system just now i have decided to buy one but have a few questions.

Is there a feature bios or software (preferably bios) for fan speed control ie something like cool and quiet or similar for the cpu or case fans
A lot of customers want quiet now and its something i need myself as well

please be aware i know nothing about gigabyte boards as i am used with dealing with other boards (tend to stick to the same boards as its takes less time to set up and once you get a reliable product why change)

Aussie Allan

• A yoyo uses all three fundermental laws of phisics
Re: system builder now wants Gigabyte boards
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 11:19:06 pm »

Hawkwind  Welcome to the Gigabyte Family forum  :D

Firstly .... rather then ask a gazillion questions about requirements, pricing ect , ect ..... you'll find the official website pretty intuitive experience to move around in

If you hit on one of the on-line manuals you should find all the information you'll need to appraise any main-board form factor you wish

I would suggest you do a dummy run and try it out .... here's a link to get you going through the front door.....http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/main.aspx?s=42

or here's one I picked out...... click on the photo for a detailed view and the manual will be under the download tab .....http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4047#ov

If you have any further detailed questions ..... you can contact the websites Administrator through the PM system (runn3R) .... he is the only person affiliated with this site that is employed directly by Gigabyte ...... everyone one else  ..... well, we do it for the love of it .... Nuts Huh!

Aussie Allan
i7-4790K @4.8GHz 24/7 water clock
MSI XPower AC
32GB corsair  2666Mhz
 GTX-1070Ti full cover
Lange DDC elite pump
G changer360 Rad x2
Phobya 450 balancer
W10 Pro-64
Zigor 2000 UPS
1x500GB for clone
6x2tb- raid5-Storage
C: Evo 970 Pro 512gb
Scratch:Evo 970 Plus 512gb

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 11:16:31 am »
Hi Hawkwind in search of space, I guess  ;)

Glad to see that you have moved over from Asus. I too came from that direction.  As Allan already said there is most any information you might need available on the website but obviously any specific questions are welcome here on the forum. The big plus point on Gigabyte's side is that they have a UK centre which many manufacturers don't.

As for the keeping everything quiet problem, I would suggest a careful choice of fans is more important than the particular software that you use to control them. Certain fans are much quieter than others as I have found from my reviews and the same goes for the ones attached to CPU coolers. I am sure I don't need to tell you this though.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 03:21:01 pm »
Thanks i was using another mobo which i usually buy unless customer asks differently and know it inside out and although mobos have come on a bit over the years the same manufactor usually has much the same style etc if you know what i mean .

So moving over to Gigabyte is a whole new experiance thats why i will be getting one for myself first just to see all the ins and outs.
As for silence i know about everything else like quiet PSU, fans and passive GPU but if all else fails its nice to slow down fans that are running far to fast for say just browsing the net if this is asked for and i find it is a lot now.

I also know where to find the manuals but was chancing my luck so to speak because of a lack of time and being lazy lol
anyway thanks for the replys and i see Gigabyte is getting very good reviews on various online forums
thanks
hawkwind

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 11:07:27 am »
Thanks i was using another mobo which i usually buy unless customer asks differently and know it inside out and although mobos have come on a bit over the years the same manufactor usually has much the same style etc if you know what i mean .

So moving over to Gigabyte is a whole new experiance thats why i will be getting one for myself first just to see all the ins and outs.

I used to be the same and as I mentioned always used the same manufacturer as I was at home with the way they laid out their boards etc. Not only that but I knew all the little intricacies of the boards and software but when I moved over to Gigabyte it didn't take me long to switch and become mentally "au fait" with them. I am sure that you will find the same.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:08:18 am by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 04:41:53 pm »

As for silence i know about everything else like quiet PSU, fans and passive GPU but if all else fails its nice to slow down fans that are running far to fast for say just browsing the net if this is asked for and i find it is a lot now.

I also know where to find the manuals but was chancing my luck so to speak because of a lack of time and being lazy lol
anyway thanks for the replys and i see Gigabyte is getting very good reviews on various online forums
thanks
hawkwind

Hi mate, as far as I know all the current range of Gigabyte motherbaords support automatic fan control via the 3 pin headers.  This includes the CPU, I too used to be with Asus, some of their NF4 boards were great.  I'm glad I made the change mind due.  Don't be afraid to post on the forum if you have any questions.
965BE 20x200=4GHz/Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4
4890 1GB 900-975/8GB Corsair Dom. C8 DDR3
1TB  & 2TB Samsung HDD’s/LG GGC-H20L/CM Cosmos 1000
Custom Watercooled/Seasonic X-760 PSU

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 08:16:37 am »
Glad to hear that you are happy with the changover to Gigabyte too.   ;)
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB