Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 coil noise ,and Intel7 Overclock

Re: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 coil noise ,and Intel7 Overclock
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 06:25:56 pm »
I really appreciate your help. Thousand thanks.
I read 3 times your last post,but i'm affraid i'm not sure what exactly are you talking about.
 - pezio speaker on the g/card - ?? You mean PIEZO ? I searched with google (images,too ) and google didn't find PEZIO. Only PIEZO.
If i give you here,a link with the motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 picture,could you mark the place ? Just to have an idea about,where is that located on the mobo.
http://www.tcmagazine.com/images/news/Hardware/Gigabyte_GA-EX58-UD5.jpg
Are you sure,is that the "reason" of that noise,when i enable the CPU ENHANCED HALT ( C1E ) ?
I'm just asking you,Pottypete, because i can't see the point ,why is this noise when i open Youtube,Everest program, Yahoo messenger, and some other applications.
That link you gave it to me had nothing to do with the motherboard noise,there is about graphic card and PSU's noise.
Anyway,once again,i wanna thank you for trying to help me with this annoying problem.
Respect.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 06:27:51 pm by white_dove »

Pottypete

Re: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 coil noise ,and Intel7 Overclock
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 09:18:01 pm »
Hi,
I was answering your question re, squealing on your pc and giving you a link to a website  regarding the Nvidia PNY 285 GTX card noise that others were investigating the same noise problem as yourself, 8)

I Then asked you if you could see a small piezo speaker on your card, and to see if you could determine where the noise was coming from with a screwdriver as stethoscope,
I'm not sure it is where the noise is coming from that can only be a hands on job by yourself,
I think your english is very good by the way, far better than my french, ;D
Regards