Questions about GIGABYTE products > Motherboards with Intel processors

Solution: GA-P35-DS3 Rev 1.0 BIOS F14 SATA AHCI Native Mode hangs at HDD detecti

<< < (3/5) > >>

RobD:
Your reply has lead me to do some more research on dual bios boards.
It appears that e.g. the Asus Rampage can copy one bios to the other from within bios. I don't see this same feature on the Gigabyte boards, at least not with the Assassin.
This would be a handy feature for testing a modded bios, if there was an error you could recover by booting the other bios and overwriting the error bios.

I also note that the Asus board is quite ok to have each bios a different version. I suspect that this would be the case with any dual bios board?
Though one would need to be sure to clear cmos first before switching to a bios of different version, lest ye suffer unintended consequences  :)

kondra:
I am not sure for Gigabyte motherboards, but normally a BIOS is checksummed. In addition I think it is not a big problem for a dev to test the code location against this potential bug. So I will wait and see, before messing up my main working machine.  8)

touch_and_go:
Hey,
Thank for your kindness. Thanks for the solution. I hope you will be keep in touch in future also.

kondra:
The following was answered from GGTS http://ggts.gigabyte.com/:
---------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Kondra,

Thank you for emailing GIGABYTE.
We are delighted with your interest in our products.
We have forwarded this "for info" to our bios team.

Kind regards
GIGABYTE-Team
---------------------------------------------------

So the actual status is "for info". We will see in the future BIOS releases if this get fixed.

gechu:
Thanks for sharing your findrings Kondra!

I´m on rev 2.1 on the same motherboard, but I think both motherboards share the same ICH9 controller. So I hope your findings is equally relevant for me.

Please keep this thread up to date with the conversation you have with the Gigabyte BIOS team.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version