Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-P35C-DS3R won't shutdown after OS halt.

GA-P35C-DS3R won't shutdown after OS halt.
« on: April 23, 2012, 08:56:13 am »
Hi guys ,

I have problem with my MB. My pc can't shutdown. Operating system (no matter linux or windows) will shut down (I hear the HDD's and cd drives turn off) but ALL the fans remains ON. (VGA,CPU fan and PSU -never turn off no mater what length of time). . Also power led stay constantly ON after shutdown.The problem is with MB , I'm almost sure

I have tried with another good quality PSU - same issue.  Then I've cleared CMOS and reflash with latest BIOS but these steps didn't fix the problem.  

The problem has existed since I've attached one HDD drive on Esata port. And my mainboard won't shutdown anymore.
So maybe the problem with SATA controler or...?  

Also noticed that in some cases it's possible to shutdown - but this is immediate when turn the pc on, and  instantly shutdown the OS. If you take 10 minutes or more , shutdown is not possible.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

My configuration is MB : GA-P35C-DS3R ,  CPU E8500 E0, VGA: 560Ti , RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 1600 (@1333). HDD's: A-data S511 120GB , 1TB Caviar Black , Seagate 7200.12 500GB. PSU : CM Silent Pro 700W. , Sata DVDRW
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 12:13:44 pm by bager4e »