Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77-D3H freezes suddenly every day

Re: GA-Z77-D3H freezes suddenly every day
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2012, 10:47:55 pm »
:-\ :-\ :-\
After hours of stress testing and heavy gaming/video editting the system was still without any failure, until today out of blue the by doing nothing special a blue screen appeard. (PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 0x0000004E)
Then i rebooted the system and within 15 minutes another blue screen (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x 0000000A)
I made a big step forward but it is still not perfect.
The logfiles indicate again as before Kernel Power  failure ID41.
 ::) ::)

Hello!
I think my problem I think is was in the power option in the BIOS Power Management. I was ON the ErP and looking in forums, I have seen that this system of "energy saving" must accompany a power supply that is COMPATIBLE! and I think that's why I hang up. So far I have 2 hours with no freezing ErP off and ... of course, rule out that problem is my motherboard and CPU because I changed them today for other news!.
Greetings and you expound it.

Pjottr

« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2012, 11:53:50 pm »
Yep i'm sure that de powersavings (in auto mode) are related to the problem in most cases here.
I have now turned off almost everything what has to do with powersaving.
Also have i set things i know for sure on enabled and not in auto mode.

I don´t believe in hardware failures anymore in this case.
I also switched my memory on RMA by the shop.

I´m going to test with the new settings and keep you all informed.
The erp function....i must look into that.
Good suggestion

Good luck!!

Pjottr

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2012, 02:48:09 pm »
Since laste changes (for me) it looks like problem is solved.
Looking back it looks like the problem is in the power saving/auto settings of this mainboard.

In my situation it looks like the C3 and C6 auto in disabled and the ErP settings change were the solution.
Now i'm freeze and reboot free since last post. PC almost constant running.
I did something more, i changed every setting of which i was sure to be enabled and punt it on enabled.
Every setting which i didn't want i set on disabled. (less auto settings).
Some setting are stil on auto. (settings of which i was not sure)
I shall report back if anything changes but for me this seems to be solved.

Greetings and i want to thank everybody for sharing information.

Branko

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2012, 04:27:02 pm »
I will never forgot the day when i bought  this motherboard.
I changed memory first - i bought supported memory
Kingston KHX1600C9D3/4G
i updated BIOS to F14 
Most of things is on auto settings.
MY  suddenly PC freezing remain.
I have Intel i5-3570K
thermaltake  power supply 750w
PC case is: Coller Master storm enforcer SCG-1000-KWN1

BIOS options are worst that i have ever seen.
When i update BIOS to F14 now  i don't have some options-like: Extreme Memory Profile
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:41:54 pm by Branko »

Pjottr

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2012, 09:13:33 pm »
Your memory runs at 1333mhz now?
If you have 4 modules try it with 2
Did you try the changes Fortizvi suggested? (a few messages ago.)

Probably you mist just like me one setting with powersaving.
I did at first, later i found it.
This bios has a lot of related power saving features.

Branko

« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2012, 09:38:04 am »
I have 2 modules of 4 Gb and runs on 1600MHZ.
BLCK 100.1
I disabled power saving option, [C3/C6 State Support]
1or 2 days working good and freez again.

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2012, 04:36:58 pm »
Hi,

I also choosed this mobo for my setup and now I regret buying it :/
I've been trying to fix this issue with solutions proposed here (BIOS update - F14, C3/C6 and ErP disabled) but nothing works... Sometimes if freezes during playing BF3 (the quickest way to freeze) but today it has freezed 2 times during normal web browsing and 3 times during booting (on Gigabyte logo).

I think I'll return it and buy Asus or MSI instead.

« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2012, 10:40:42 am »
Does anyone also have a 78xx graphic card? Cause I've found that mine 7850 card is giving me this issues (or giving it besides the mobo). I turns out that these cards have faulty drivers or something like that - many people have black screen issue with them (with different manufacturers). I'm still trying to narrow down the problem.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2012, 10:58:15 am »
Hi

It does indeed sound like a graphics card driver issue and I am sure they wil sort it out soon. For now though try disabling ALL power saving options in the BIOS and Windows.

You could also try turning down the hardware acceleration of the GPU and see if that makes it any more stable. Often this will help if there is a problem with graphics instabilities.

If neither of these work I would suggest starting over and build the system outside of the case and just a very basic unit to start with. If you want help with this side of things please post back.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2012, 01:51:33 pm »
Hi all:
Those of you with freezing problems in the system, test ONLY to disable the bios option ErP Power management. The freezing problem, I have found that is not due to PCI soundblaster cards or anything, if not more of the energy control systems, both Windows 7 and BIOS. Therefore, do the following:
- Power Management -> ErP Disabled.
-Windows 7:
- Power Options -> PCI Express -> Power Management link state -> Disabled
- Power Options -> USB Configuration -> Disabled

With this, you will forget to take longer freezes "random" in your machines. Therefore, there was a problem of self-Z77 or not, of energy saving systems with new Intel chips and the system of "saving" power of graphics cards, leaving them in standby state and cause frostbite because of these savings.

regards

« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2012, 08:54:35 am »
Hi again.

I was fighting this problem and failed so far. I haven't yet tried your suggestions cause I focused more on gpu than mobo so I forgot to check this topic...
My experiences so far:
  • pc doesn't crash in benchmarks. I've tried Furmark and 3Dmark for at least an hour with no issues.
  • it doesn't crash in Metro 2033 demo but with DirectX11 I have some artifacts (flickers, black curtain). DirectX10 - no issues and no crashes (1 hour of testing).
  • crashes in Battlefield 3 (after 15 minutes of Campaign mode) and Mafia 2 Demo (it takes about 2-3 rounds of benchmark mode and it crashes).
  • no crashing in desktop (all day long)
  • sometimes my computer won't boot - it doesn't reach post (monitor stays in stand-by mode) and restarts few times. It takes about 2-5 self-restarts and then it usually boots. Current mobo bios is f14 - I didn't notice this restarts on f10.
  • I wanted to try unofficial drivers from guru3d forum. I've uninstalled previous (12.6) and restarted my pc. Now Windows 7 won't boot :/ It reaches Windows boot logo and then it restarts itself. I've had this issue when I updated mobo bios from f10 to f14 so I guess clean installation will work. But why the system crashed after uninstalling gfx driver? I've done this before and nothing like this happened...

So today I'll try to do clean Windows install and try benchmarking Mafia 2 with unofficial drivers from guru3d. I think I will also try the card with different PC. I'll also try your suggestions with power options.

I don't know if I have only graphics card problem or is the mobo faulty as well... I will try to test the pc using only integrated graphics.

fjive

« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2012, 09:26:16 am »
Hi, just wish to share with everyone that i have not had a single freeze/blank screen since I've applied these changes.

BIOS
- Power Management -> ErP Disabled
- C3/C6 and ErP disabled
- BLCK 100.1

Windows 7
- Power Options -> PCI Express -> Power Management link state -> Disabled
- Power Options -> USB Configuration -> Disabled

My PC Specs:
- i5-3570
- GA-Z77-D3h (F14)
- Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz (4GB x 2)
- Sapphire 7870 OC
- Seasonic S12 II 620w
- Crucial M4 128gb, Hitachi 2TB 7K3000
- Corsair 400R
- Win 7 SP1

Btw, has anyone tried the latest bios F18? Hope it solves the issue without any troublesome tweaks...

« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2012, 08:57:11 pm »
Is this problem still being looked into as the problem still persists on my system with the F18 bios, I have tried all the suggested tweaks without success. Annoyingly after flashing with F18 I had 1 freeze in 2 weeks until the past couple of days where it started again.

So far the problem is there whether its overclocked or just on optimised defaults.

My specs:

I5-3570K
GA-Z77-D3H (F18)
Samsung Green 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
560TI
Creative X-Fi Fatality
Crucial M4 64GB
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Coolermaster 550w PSU
Win7 x64 SP1

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2012, 04:19:44 pm »
In case anyone else still has this problem I've found the cause of my freezing, turns out the motherboard doesn't like the X-Fi pci card. Since removing it the system hasn't crashed once so it worth trying if you've got one of the older pci X-Fi cards and still get freezes. Still waiting to hear back from support on the issue but I know for a fact the X-Fi is not faulty as I've tested it in 3 different computers.

alllala

« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2012, 01:35:02 am »
Well, I was freeze free for about 2 Months but now it´s back.
After 1st freeze since long time I change from F14 to F18 but didn´t change anything else worth mentioning.

Right before writing this I had two freezes in a row.  I´m scared  :-[