Official GIGABYTE Forum

Ga-Z68x-Ud5-b3 after bios update there is no display

Ga-Z68x-Ud5-b3 after bios update there is no display
« on: May 06, 2012, 02:52:22 am »
today i updated my bios via @bios from f7 to f10. Everything was fine until restart. It doesnt boot. so i reseted bios from on board cmos sw and it booted.
But main problem is whenever i change anything or not just save bios screen goes black and nothing else. If i reset bios via sw or taking battery it boots and works normally or works normal but there is no display.it boots win7 i can hear opening sound of windows but somehow there is no display.
i also tried backup bios to kick in (pressing power button till close) somehow it also doesnt kick in or work.
i can use my pc if i reset if i do anychange to bios it just goes blank.i can play for 2 hours without any problem with reseted bios.
Also if i shut down my pc again it doesnt boot.i have to reset bios to get it work.

ga-z68x-ud5-b3
8 gb g skill ripjawx 1866mhz
i7 2600k
sapphire 5870
ocz vertex3 120Gb

PS: i didnt have any problems before bios update was working perfectly
Sorry for my bad english.

Can you please help me?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 02:56:13 am by bloodysco »

Fatman

Re: Ga-Z68x-Ud5-b3 after bios update there is no display
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 03:11:26 am »
Go into Bios and load optimized default, restart and see how that works out. If you get a successful boot then you can make changes in your bios.

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 03:38:25 am »
ıt doesnt work. i can get into bios but problem is if i save it making any changes or not it stops working
Just tried to go back to f6-f7-f9-f10 bios.i can flash it without any problem.Then i restart it just goes. to get back to working everytime i need to reset bios to get display and i get checksum error menu if i choose default-last good anything except continue screen goes  blank.
if i use f1 countinue button win7 loads up and everything works perfectly
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 03:43:10 am by bloodysco »

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 03:41:17 am »
Somehow if i change anything or save bios it doesnt start. Blue led over graphic card is working i can hear its booting and working but it behaves like there is no graphic card. İm sure my graphic card is working couse if i reset bios via cmos sw or battery it boots i get checksum error and f1 and works.i play starcraft2 - wow anything without problem.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 03:42:00 am by bloodysco »

Fatman

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 03:51:21 am »
I'm not sure on this and you may need to wait until Dark Mantis or someone with a bit better Knowledge than me on this,but, what could be happening here is that you now have 2 different bios versions (one on primary ie: newer bios version, and an older version on the backup bios chip) and there could be a bit of a conflict at bootup if there is a problem with the flash...Maybe, I am just speculating here and don't want you to flash over your backup bios to match the new one if the new one is buggy.

As for future flashes it is recommended to use Qflash and not @ Bios because @ Bios is windows based and can be very flakey and brick your board!!!

You could try reflashing using the Qflash and make sure you Disable the 'Keep DMI Data' before you do it. See if that helps you.

Go here to learn how to Qflash

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2441.0.html
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:09:24 am by Fatman »

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 04:38:52 am »
i laready know how to use it.
after your sugestion i used qflash f6 and f10 bios.
still same i need to reset bios to get working but again with checksum error and f1 button.

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 11:01:49 am »
any idea please help?

Fatman

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 12:46:10 pm »
You could try the Tweaktown Gigabyte forum, there are some pretty smart cookies over there that may be able to give you some other ideas to try/

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/