« on: May 09, 2012, 01:04:07 pm »
i have on it  

intel core 2 duo 2x2.27ghz
2gb goodram memory
ati radeon  hd 4670 512mb  
sound blaster 5.1  
network card - edimax
power supply   cheftec 550w

problem is with soundcard its on ubuntu  and windows.    when i install windows/ubuntu and install drivers for chipset etc.  then get soundcard drivers  , sound works  for  time from 2minutes to up 2 hours and then suddenly is gone  no error no change in device management   audio service for windows restarted and no effect - sound not work anymore. i  uninstalled card and  used integrated  soundcard realteg   got the drivers and install , problem is identical   sound disappear after some time whatever i do...

i have bios  f10 beta for gigabyte .  chipset  and other rivers installed  lates could be found
im using windows vista ultimate..

only to get sound back is reboot computer and  then again sound is gone...

i have try

1. change soundcard pci slot to other pci
2. replaced alll capacitors on motherboard same as roginal
3. changed psu unit to  fresh one
4.  replaced ram memory
5. try  other sound cards

there is problem with integrated network card ,  network connection lost  in random times, on pci card  network never disconnects..
my gigabyte motherboard  varranty finished  2 years ago.

configuration is orginal no overclocking computer is used for programming in delphi
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 04:29:59 pm by runn3R »

Re: giigabyte G31M S2L two problems
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 02:48:21 pm »
cpu temperature is 27c   in strexx  49
gpu temperature  40c  in stress    55c
chipset temperature about 30c

computer hangs  in random times  sometimes  i computer   hangup in bios menu.
ubuntu also gets  hangs...

psu voltages  with multimete check

12v  - 12,04v 
5v     - 4,97v
3,3v  - 3,2v

in stress 12v is  about 11,94v  4,91v  3,3v 

Fatman

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 12:53:18 am »
Those Voltages seem fine..........Try disabling onboard audio in bios and uninstalling the drivers for it then install your drivers for your sound card.

Fatman

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 12:57:29 am »
You have to remember one thing here, that is we are not Gigabyte tech support. We are just the end users like yourself! We are no way affiliated with Gigabyte whatsoever! We are enthusiasts who try to help people like yourself and at times need help as well.

So if you have a grievance with Gigabyte and it's products, TAKE IT UP WITH THEM DIRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not here!

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 01:26:39 am »
onboard soundcard was disabled drivers removed by ccleaner.     . i  contacted gigabyte tech support and they  recommend buy new motherboard  OMG.. ii know you all are end users. but thats not first problem with this  gigabyte. i had  seven  g31m s2l  two g31m es2l   four  died  by  capacitors  one by  chipset burn  another few mosphets  blew up.  the  es2l just  end up in smoke another one  smoked aswell but not chipset next time was realtek audio chip :S

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 09:59:46 am »
so how to fix this  heavy issue?? any idea  to do something?  what can cause sound to disapppear like that?   chipset damage or what?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 03:21:37 pm »
Hi there,

I don't know the exact cause of the problem but I encountered a similar issue on both an AMD and intel system when I was trying to dual boot with Windows and Ubuntu with nothing showing in device manager to show a problem.

In exasperation, I used a spare HDD and did a clean install of Windows and didn't have further issues I then did the same with Ubuntu and again the problem didn't occur. As soon as I tried to dual boot the problem returned. Therefore I assumed it was an incompatibility issue between the two OS's rather than a hardware issue.

Have you tried a clean install of just one of the OS's to see if the problem still occurs?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 05:06:28 pm »
i tell steps i did

1.   replaced  processor  intel core 2 quad with  intel core 2 duo , i buy another intel core 2 duo processor too
2.  replaced memory  stick and try  two slots
3.  changed pci slot for  sound card  , planted it in  first pci and then in next pci
4. formatted hard disk and  decided to keep only one syste - windows vista
5.  changed  irq assigments in bios  
6. changed psu unit  
7.  bios was upgraded to 10f , t degraded to 9f and then upgraded again to 10f.
8  i try  different soundcard

before that i had ubuntu and windows,   on both  was this issue.  but  removing one  OS not solved it.  im back to vista after  formatting hard disk and what? sound dont want work still.

i got info from other user by pm that  g31m s2l motherboard series  are fatal?

i  redescribe issue again maybe something can be done?

i install windows
first chipset drivers then  network/sound card drivers  and vga driver.  - computer is reboot
after  reboot i get winamp to run some music, few tracks are played and winamp suddenly stop play. when i try play again progress bar is not moving
this is happening on windows media player  , gom player and vlc media player. on youtube i get no sound on other  movie websites  same..

SOUND RETURN  for short time  after i take computer from  halt or hibernation or i just simply push reset button..  sound is living for only  from two mintues up to 2 - 3 hours max,  mainly soun stop working   about 10 - 15 minutes sometimes go  out at 21 27minutes...

sound is  doing same issue  on both  realtek integrated sound card or pci   sound blaster 5.1 sb live .. i try  ever other sound cards an  no effect.  try other pci slot and notthing , sound still is  going away

i check hardware - no swollen capacitors no burn signs no smell of anything. evryhthing is connected properly
memtest and gold memory give no errors
cpu temperature is normal  27c  when in max use  49    sometimes reach 51 or 53 no more.
system sounds not play

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 05:12:17 pm by Citadeliar2222 »

Fatman

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 10:47:59 am »
What have you got it connected too? (Sound system wise)

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 02:39:07 pm »
i have   two  speakers   samsung with subwwoofer , before  that i had    speakers  from phillips  they are compatable with my sound card  as they worked for three years!    since problem started i replaced with samsung and problem still is.. headphones not work aswell  but  only microphone works after sound death- i can hear breath in speaker
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 02:42:47 pm by Citadeliar2222 »

Fatman

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 11:45:47 pm »
Ok so with a sound blaster card installed have you disabled onboard sound in bios? Even though it maybe set to auto, there could be a slight chance there is a hardware conflict. You didn't say when you uninstalled the drivers for the soundblaster whether or not you actually removed it from the board whilst testing it....

As a last resort you could reload Windows and NOT install the audio drivers for your board. But as a last resort only.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:48:28 pm by Fatman »

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 10:13:50 am »
i did disable integrated sound card in bios and remove drivers for it -   sound still disappears
i removed  pci card  and  enabled in bios integrated sound card  removed  drivers for  sound blaster - sound still disappears
i removed   network card for pci and drivers and enabled integrated networks but network go down sama s sound  in random times,  it  stay connected but no data transfer.

device manager dont give any   conflict warnings when both card aree  working. ever if one of them too. .

i have did other thing  .. enabled integrated sound card and  plugged  sound blaster. in windows i disapled integrated sound card and  used  the sound blaster, when sound did disappear from system i disable sound blaster and enable  integrated one - same result , when i restarted system i try vice versa and result was same.

when sound is dead i can still use microphone i can hear my breath in speaker ..  i have notd one thing - when sound disappear whatever from soundblaster or integrated -  winamp dont want to  work , track progress bar wont go when press play . same for windows media player and others, formatting hard disk do not helps i have try  this.

Fatman

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 11:37:00 am »
RMA the board.

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 12:54:39 pm »
motherboard has about 4 years! .   and  how to  do  RMA from poland?

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 10:27:07 pm »
how can RMA  board if its varrany  gone long ago.  i want to fix it but need to know what item must replace