Official GIGABYTE Forum

gigabyte G31M-S2L two problems

Re: giigabyte G31M S2L two problems
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 01:33:01 am »
i have try last  thing..

run both integrated sound card and  pci sound card..  two different speaker set  and  started the music, first  it disappear from integrated sound cad, then short time later from  pci sound card.   i  know electronics stuff and i can replace damaged component,  but i need to know what one shall replace?
=======================

found third thing.. cannot use  drivers for integrated realtek network card  downloaded from gigabyte website or  from  motherboard CD disk.. only windows vista   network drivers  works with no problem.  if i try  drivers from two different sources  my  netork card canot keep connection.   on pci card issue is same.  i have replaced  capacitors  on cpu section and near chipset also small capacitor near soun card and these capcitors near  memory bank

bios battery was normal but i replaced it anyway.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:37:22 am by Citadeliar2222 »

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 06:48:10 pm »
can someone answer???

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 01:40:29 pm »
noone answer? please  requesting asistance  need to fix my issue

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 10:20:33 am »
bump on top..  problem still need to solve... n oticed only one thing - sound  keep working longer if i    use liquid nitrogen on  both north and south bridge

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 03:13:05 pm »
anyone can answer? please

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 10:04:49 am »
Hi

I am not sure exactly what you have tried so far but I would suggest a couple of things. Firstly disable the Azalia Codec in the BIOS to make sure that the onboard sound element doesn't cut in.

Next don't dual boot with Ubunto and Windows, often they don't get on well. Use two seperate drives if you must have them both installed.

Make sure that the Creative sound card that you have has the latest drivers for your OS. The card is by no means up to date so it could be an outdated driver issue.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 05:02:12 pm »
machine  is running both ubuntu and windows and  the issue is still exsisting.  ubuntu dont want sometimes boot if any of  sound cards is in use .
in desperate act i deleted ubuntu and run only windows. i noticed one thing -- when i put whole computer with opened  box into  opened window  all temperatures go down  because its cold at nights - sound  is playing longer time.  howewer  i found the elements   R20 2R1 or something they might be  coils , they alwasy were warm  but  they are not reason  as were replaced.

i have did disable  azalia codec in bios and started to use pci sound card - sound  still keep  go away. i try update drivers but no effect
i noted another thing , when i try use drivers for network card from  my  gigabyte CD,  network goes crazy connections are  lost  timed out , huge ping  rates . when i use windiws built-in network drivers all is working fine . same for pci network card. cannot use cd drivers .

i try do same for  azalia codec - use built-in windows drivers  but no way sound goes away..  windows has no drivers for  soundblaster..

finally  sound still goes away. cant use  azalia codec and pci card.  also sound is disappearing  when using usb sound card ,  anyway computer hang up often if any of  sound-cards is  online.  hanup signs is  hard disk bulb  lighting  at max power of light ,  mouse cursor goes  rotating wheel  windows  refuse to  execut ctrl-alt-delete  finally mouse stop to ever move and only reset button helps.  if i disable both sound cards computer still hang up but in about 8 - 10 hours...

i contacted  the gigabyte tech support and they  recommend buy new gigabyte motherboard.   they refuse to  RMA as  varranty is long time over and  repair is pointless.

i am decided to repair  it  because no funds for new one .

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 08:50:06 pm »

i noted another thing , when i try use drivers for network card from  my  gigabyte CD,  network goes crazy connections are  lost  timed out , huge ping  rates .

I am not at all surprised that you have a lot of problems when using the drivers from your motherboard CD. The board and CD are both very old now and even when new it is advisable to download the latest drivers rather than use the included ones.

i am decided to repair  it  because no funds for new one

I am afraid that it is probably false economy to repair the board as the costs involved would most likely add up to more than a new version of it. Sometimes we just have to bite the bullet and start afresh.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 09:56:53 pm »
my funds are very very little and cannot afford  new motherboard atm. . i know there must be something to do with temperature because sound work long time when computer is exposed to  opened window, if i close it  then sound  is  disappearing short  after.  i tried to us  some thermalmeters but   results are 

49c for   the r12 and 2r0  components (they are coils)
south bridge    51c
north bridge  44
processor     35c

mosphets near processor  have  about 40c

i try  get down the temperature of  south bridge  with bigger fan but still notthing , as sound keep going out it still does that

i checked bios settings and all on M.I.T are set to auto.  i try to  get  memory  timign set to lower from auto. but notthing. i try  increase  voltages for fsb  and vcore but notthing so i put them back to normal.

i tried to  downgrade bios to older versions but also notthing helped...  using latest drivers also does not solve problem.

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Re: gigabyte G31M-S2L two problems
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 04:29:13 pm »
Hi Citadeliar2222

You have placed strong accusations in this post. Really hard to believe.
I have forwarded your case to our RMA and support center in Poland, please expect contact from their side.

P.S. Please don't use "bump to top" posts here as it does not make any sense. I have deleted majority of them. Thanks for your understanding.
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 12:18:31 pm »
Sorry if I missed all the "bump" posts runn3R as I should have deleted them myself but have been extremely busy recently and so not spending as much time as I would like to on the forum.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 03:55:30 pm »
its not accussing as this happened to my friend.i have did  talked him  that he  have gigabyte product and that happened to him - but he wanted me to describe what happened.  dont blame me for posting this.  he was sending his mb to  RMA and wass returning  not working  - he did buy it in germany but live in poland,  he sent it to germany again and again. and repairs were good but  were working  for short time  . after one of returns after repair some components after touch just fall off MB.. good  RMA service would not do that - after these events he just decided to take mb to local repair service where they  fix all issues and MB was back to life, in fact he did had to pay for new  components as  the present  were no way to be used again.

my issue was different and i have notthing agaist  gigabyte RMA, howewer i  tried  to get  RMA help ever if pay to repair. but instead of  reanimating  i just decided to  buy another , the repair is pointless as would pay  twice  for repair while could for that price get 2 MB.
if anyone was hurt - did not wanted to do it. im sorry for that   that what happened was just true and just gave opinion not accusing

about the  "bad"   RMA ... most of  RMA services do  best to repair MB and ever check it several times before send it back all is okay .. but sometimes  can happen  bad  things and that event happened to my friend  some weeks ago
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:16:29 pm by Citadeliar2222 »