Official GIGABYTE Forum

Loadline calibration doesn't work on z77 D3H

mish

Loadline calibration doesn't work on z77 D3H
« on: May 19, 2012, 11:22:43 pm »
Hi,

Does Loadline calibration work on this board? I can see it in the bios but can't change the settings  :'(

Other than that, great board. Booted first time, flashed to F13 bios & works great  ;)

mish

Re: Loadline calibration doesn't work on z77 D3H
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 01:07:05 pm »
It does work, but only in the 3D Bios  ::)

smashly

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 05:04:56 am »
Hi,
You'll probably find that Loadline Calibration does work in the Avanced Bios settings as well.

In Advanced Settings menu -> MIT -> Advanced Voltage Settings -> 3D Power Control -> Vcore Loadline Calibration and have it highlighted.
Then hit Caps Lock on your keyboard and type EXTREME and hit Enter on the keyboard.
Above method works for the values: AUTO, STANDARD, LOW , MEDIUM, HIGH, TURBO, EXTREME

You may ask why I say hit Caps Lock on your keyboard before typing the word..
From what I found if you don't use capital letters to type the word then the bios turnicates the word and it will default to a different setting.
eg: once I type in lower case "extrem", the next "e" will turnicate the word and there will be only "e" in the input box.
I'd say a bios bug in the gui side of things that gigabyte hasn't noticed yet or haven't bothered with.

To be truthful you'd think that the the Vcore Loadline Calibration input box would be a dropdown box with the options to select the setting.
That would be the method for common user logic imho.

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 05:42:48 am by smashly »

ex58

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 06:51:41 am »
In 3D Bios press F1 on keyboard and will shift to Advanced mode (2D BIOS).

Btw,
you no need to type any words (with Caps Lock or without), just use "+" or "-" (pg up/pg dn) to  changing any value in BIOS.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 05:05:55 pm »
Sorry to hijack, does anyone know if the extreme setting on this board is like the extreme on ASUS boards (where the voltage actually fluctuates more than on turbo)?  I guess what I'm asking is should I set it to extreme or turbo?   

kangoo

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 08:56:12 am »
every board is different , please try from high , if the vdrop is too high then use turbo setting, etc.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:59:43 am by kangoo »