« on: April 29, 2012, 10:59:18 pm »
Hi , I hope someone can help me.

This is the configuration:

Core i3 540 (Clarkdale) Dual Core 3,06 Ghz socket LGA 1156
MB Gygabyte GA-H55M-USB3.
4 Gb  RAM (2xGB)
SSD  30 Gb.
2 HD( 1Tera each one ) raid 0.

After one year of well function, one month ago my desktop switch down without any allarm (temperature and any other issue). I have changed PSU with one more capable ( 600 watt) , but at the first time I had the same trouble. After switch off it didn't restart. I tried to disconnect everything, memory, HD and so on. After a lots of different configuration, the system start without unexpected switch off.

From yesterday I have the same problem, the system switch off during a normal functional season, and It's impossible to start again. PSU is working, I tried to start without MB command and it's start.

In this situation the system can not start, but after some times after removing/inserting ATX connector the leds on MB  flashed and the system start but after some minutes, in this intervall I tried to change settings of BIOS, but the system switch off again...

I can not understand why after switch off then MB doesn't start, I pushed the button but nothing start!!!!

Pleas help, I think the main problem is the MB...!!!

???
Thanks in advance for your help, Andrea.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: PROBLEM WITH GA-H55M-USB3 - SWITCH OFF AND NOT RESTART
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 02:53:17 pm »
Hi and welcome Andrea.

So basically you are saying that your system is dead and won't start, is that correct ?

If so try starting it by shorting the two pins on the motherboard that the power button is connected to. If it is a fault with the switch this should then work.

If still no joy please follow these instructions exactly:

The next thing to try is to clear the CMOS.

Remove the power cable from the mains supply and then press the power switch on the case for a few seconds just to drain any residual energy in the PSU capacitors.

Once done remove the motherboard battery overnight  before replacing it.

Next plug back into the mains supply and boot.

You will now need to enter the BIOS by pressing DEL and load Optimised BIOS Defaults.

Make any other changes to the BIOS settings to suit your self like disabling the floppy drive, disabling the full screen logo and making the HDD the primary boot device and then press F10 to save and exit.

Post back with the results.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 09:30:28 pm »
Thanks for your response, It's not a problem with power button. Now I am following your istructions for boot.

I am going to share results of this activity.

I have only a dubt...what are the main causes for an automaticaly shut down of this MB??? and why it doesn't restart...???

Thanks, Andrea

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 09:14:26 am »
Hi to all!!!!

I have followed your istructions step by step, but MB didn't start. After a first decision to buy a new MB of different BRAND, I tried to disconnect ATX -24 pin connector a reconnect with switch of PSU setted to ON ...the MB started!!!!!  :o

At the moment, I have changed setting of BIOS with Optimized. Do you have any idea what happen? I think my sistem is not stable...

Please, post if you have any comments for help me in this issue.

Thanks!!!! Andrea.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 09:14:38 am »
Hi, at the moment my sistem is instable.

After 10 minutes/15 minutes it is automaticaly shut down, even if I am only in BIOS.

Do you have any suggestion ?? Please help.

Thanks, Andrea.

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 04:15:32 pm »
Hi, I now have the same problem.  PC has been fine for over a year, now suddenly it shuts down randomly and will not start for 15 mins or so.  I have changed the PSU and re-seated everything but to no avail.  There seems to be reports of this being a common problem and related to chipset cooling.  Not sure why it should start doing this after a year of good running and without any changes.  Can you please advise Gigabyte?

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 11:29:01 am »
H55M-USB3 have a PCB design issue with the capacitors near the PCH (or maybe the same PCH). I'm 100% sure.

If you send to RMA, Gigabyte will fix the PCB design changing some capacitors, changing the PCH maybe and changing the battery (battery leakage problem).

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 01:26:50 pm »
repair is pointless buy new motherboard problem will return like boomerang.    next time buy MB from other brand