Official GIGABYTE Forum

P67A-UD7-B3 SSD issues.

P67A-UD7-B3 SSD issues.
« on: June 22, 2012, 11:35:07 am »
Hope someone can help me out here. I have a Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 with 2 Crucial M4 128Gb SSDs connected to the 2 white Intel chipset SATA III ports. I have just installed Intel Rapid Storage Technology which is reporting the drive connected to port 0, with the OS on it, is running at 6Gb/s which is fine! Now the issue. The other drive is connected to port 1 but is only running at 3Gb/s. BIOS is set to AHCI and I am using SATA III cables. What I can't figure out is if its an issue with the SSD, the SATA cable or if the motherboard is developing the SATA degradation issue that caused the original P67 boards to be replaced. However my original UD7 got replaced with a B3 so surely this can't be the issue?

Cheers

favas

Re: P67A-UD7-B3 SSD issues.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 12:00:34 pm »
Hi Hellfire!

I don't know if I can help, but I'll try to give you some ideas...

First of all, have you tried to test the drive with another SATAIII cable? If you don't have one, you can use the cable of the 1st drive.
You could also switch the two cables, and if you see that the 1st drive (with the cable of the 2nd drive) is recognized as SATAII, then it's the cable's problem. If it's still recognized as SATAIII, then we can be sure that the cable has no problem at all.

Another thing you can try, is connecting the drive to the Marvell SATA ports.
If the drive operates at SATAIII standards, then I guess there might be a problem with your onboard storage controller.

Hope it helps.

Re: P67A-UD7-B3 SSD issues.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 12:05:42 pm »
Thanks Favas. I switched the cable and that seems to have worked. I'll keep an eye out for anymore issues with it...